Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Why do I need a license to breed a dog, but any IDIOT can raise a human being????

Today was another THRILLING day.... I had a McDonald's shop today out by IKEA. So I got to do a little shopping there, which is *USUALLY* fun. Unfortunately, today the place was full of moms with LITTLE KIDS, many of whom were being allowed to run amok! There was one playing with GLASS VASES.... Knocked one over.... mom says "what did I tell you about touching?".... he replied "not to", and walks down the aisle a bit and picks up another one! No comment, no reprimand, nothing. There were 2 little girls holding hands, blocking an aisle. I approached, said, "Excuse me, may I get by?", to which I was told I needed the password. I asked where their mother was. Apparently that was not the password as they refused to let me pass. I glared at the mother (on the next aisle) who just giggled and said, "aren't they cute?". I replied, "not at the moment they aren't" and she glared at me. Didn't tell the little brats to move, just started muttering under her breath..... another one was chasing his little brother around and around a square display full of frames (big poster frames) and the little one took the corner too quick and went down, smacking his head on the corner of the square display (no bleeding, just a lot of toddler SHRIEKING). The mother started screaming at an employee about irresponsibility.... "how could you use SQUARE displays???? Don't you know CHILDREN ARE RUNNING AROUND IN HERE????!" The poor employee looked like she was gonna have a stroke. Uhhhh.... dumbass...... this is a store full of BREAKABLES...... you walk in the main entrance and there is a HUGE CHILD PLAY AREA.... you check them in, they get to play. BIG HONKIN SIGN at the front entrance states VERY CLEARLY that much of the store is NOT CHILD FRIENDLY and to keep your little ones close. She was in the freakin candle/art/vase area. What makes her think for a second they could POSSIBLY make that area child-safe? There were at least a dozen children under the age of 8 running about in the candle area. I got so frustrated, I just left. In my kingdom people would be required to pass a parenting class before being allowed to raise a child. No common sense? NO BREEDING! No common courtesy? NO BREEDING!

3 comments:

COME STAMP WITH JUDY !! said...

HELP ME - I'm ROFLOLPIMP's!!
"password"? I love it! I can just see you around all those children.

Actually, I quite disappointed that for the first time ever I will be on my trip when the first day of school starts here. I believe the first day of school should become a National Holiday (not for the kids) but for all of us who waited since May to shop and not have a gazillion kiddies under foot. For many years I really look forward to that day and get out to Walmart, or the craft store and just enjoy the freedom. I'm sorry Lisa you had to go through that..by the time you get here "kids" will be in school!

Lisa said...

I know it isn't the kids' fault. It's the parents. Kids don't know how to behave like considerate human beings unless someone teaches them and enforces it. No one either my husband or I knew growing up was ever permitted to behave that way. I just don't get it......

COME STAMP WITH JUDY !! said...

Oh I agree! If hubby and me ever ever spoke or acted the way kids do today either to people in public OR our parents, we wouldn't be here today!! It's sad that parenting has taken such a wrong turn.