Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Is it Friday yet?????

I'm ready for the weekend. Time just seems to be moving VERY S*L*O*W*L*Y this week.

I had lunch with Iris today, which was fun! I love her new long hair! It looks fantastic..... I'm so jealous!

Last night Mom called for some Tech Support. I got her computer back running again and hopefully have her friend, Bob, pointed in the right direction to get back into his e-mail account. Tried to help Judy today..... we think her hard drive may be on its way out, so she got some floppies to back up her stuff. I was walking her thru the process and she got an error message saying the disk could not be formatted.... UGH! Stupid computers!

I have been riding my bike every morning. Today was about 2.5 miles. Yesterday was only 1.5 since I couldn't get up onto the levee trail..... I just did three tours around the subdivision. My short term goal is to ride to Starbucks and back.... about 4 miles each way. The major "fear" holding me back from trying is the BIG BRIDGE that goes up over the drainage canal and Railroad tracks..... It's a STEEP CLIMB. I just hate the thought of looking like a loser weenie, walking my bike up the hill...... I can barely make it up the little hill to the top of the levee trail (maybe 7' up from the road). Yeah, I'm a wimp.....

Russ gets home Friday night and then we are off to Reno on Saturday to celebrate his birthday with a trip to the El Dorado Casino so he can play some Texas Hold 'Em with REAL LIVE PEOPLE! LOL! I will be playing slots and maybe looking to see if they have a spa up there where I can get a massage!

1 comment:

COME STAMP WITH JUDY !! said...

Sounds like everday is getting better on the bike. I didn't know Russ was coming home this weekend. OKAY, I finally confessed to Mario about my 2 hour layover in Vegas and the slot machines...he took it well. I promised him that if I get a bucket of $30.00 or more I WOULD STOP - he said "YA SURE" - "you can never stop" oh he knows me so well. But I am. I would kick myself later.