Saturday, August 12, 2006

Bought a bike today!


I know. I have surely lost my mind! I have good intentions....
Here is what the local bike shop's website says....


" Pedal Off The Pounds
Cycling is excellent for burning calories and losing weight, too. For example, a 160-pound person burns about 870 calories pedaling seventeen miles in an hour. That's pretty close to what the same person would burn running, and a lot more than the amount burned playing golf. If you maintain a regular ride schedule, avoid overeating and fatty foods, there's an excellent chance that biking will strip away excess weight.

After about six weeks, you should feel a noticeable difference in your legs and lungs and see the difference on your computer. You can gradually increase the mileage and intensity, if you wish. Or, simply keep riding for fun and enjoyment."

Let's hope they're right! Tomorrow I'll pop on over to REI and try on some bike shorts (EEK!) and get spare tubes. I already have most of the accessories I need, I just need to make sure the allen wrench set I have now will fit the adjustments on this bike. This sucker only weighs about 31 pounds.... my last bike weighed in around 40.

2 comments:

COME STAMP WITH JUDY !! said...

SNAPPY LOOKING!! And how often do you plan on riding with your friend?? Make sure photos of you on your bike are taken and upload those too.

Lisa said...

I won't be riding with my fried for the forseeable future... he doesn't have a bike right now! If I did, it would only be once a month anyway. My next-door neighbor rides almost every morning. She asked me about a month ago if I had a bike. I didn't then, but now I will be able to ride with her!