I just realized when I logged in this morning that I forgot to post yesterday! Sorry, Judy! LOL!
So I'll start with yesterday..... Rode with Luisa (my next-door-neighbor). We went faster yesterday than we have the past couple days. She showed me where the park is in the first part of our area.... Northpoint subdivision is divided into 3 sections, none of them connect "inside".... you have to go back out to the main road to get from one to the next. The section I live in is the last one that was built. The park is in the first one. So we rode over there and also saw where they have put in some new houses.... they say they have 5 and 6 bedrooms, but they are not very large.... those rooms must be TINY! After that, we rode up onto the levee at that end and then to the end by the railroad tracks and came home. 3.46 miles, 7.3 mph average, 28 minutes.
The spa service man came to the house yesterday afternoon and got the spa cleaned and running again (YAY!). I have a feeling I will be VERY happy to have that back "online" tomorrow night!
This morning Luisa and I rode up the levee, one end to the other and then once around the neighborhood. 3.91 miles (my furthest yet), 7.5 mph (our fastest), 31 minutes. It was a good ride. It's starting to get cooler in the mornings..... I need to find some long sleeved shirts and sweats that aren't too baggy to ride in... Fall is coming! At some point I know I will have to switch over to riding in the middle of the day.... it will be too cold and dark in the morning. I'm looking forward to December when they finish the bridge over the railroad tracks.... Then I can start riding toward my ultimate goal.... STARBUCKS! It is 3.6 miles each way..... There's another one closer, but I haven't checked mileage there or checked to see if they have a bike rack to lock up.
Taz just came in and yelled at me, so now she is on my lap, purring, while I try to type and pay attention to her at the same time. I'm not getting much typing done, but I can tell you that it's time to trim her claws again.... cat on lap, me in shorts. NOT a comfy mix! LOL! Crazy cat..... She has taken to liking canned food. She never used to like it.... she would just lick all the gravy off it and leave the "meat", so I stopped giving it to her. I decided to try a new kind that came out and she actually ATE THE WHOLE THING! So now when I'm home at lunch, she gets lunch too! Of course the one she likes is the MOST EXPENSIVE one you can buy! My girl has good taste!
Well, I'm off to start my day! Want to be at REI by 10, when they open.... they are expecting a crowd..... No blog tomorrow since I will be leaving EARLY for Yosemite, but I will blog on Sunday, hopefully with PICTURES!
3 days ago


1 comment:
This new bike thing is really cool for you- I see a "marathon" in your future -do you?? LOL
Post a Comment