Well, it's FINALLY Friday! I went for a short ride this morning.... not feeling 100%, so I didn't want to really push myself, but I still wanted to get out and take at least a leisurely pedal around the neighborhood, which is what I did. 1.58 miles, 10 minutes.
In case you are wondering how I know, I have a little "bike computer". It was only $20.... there are models going up to almost $200! I think there was one cheaper than mine.... about $18, but it didn't have a clock, which I really like. Anyway, there is a sensor on one of my spokes and a receiver on the front fork that sends the revolutions per minute to the little stopwatch-sized computer which calculates the speed and distance . This crazy little thing will tell me my average speed, max speed, time riding and distance traveled. It also keeps a lifetime (or at least till I change the battery) odometer and ride time. The odometer will be nice since, like a car, you are supposed to service your bike every so many miles.
See? You learn something new every day!
Well, it's going to be a busy day, so I'm off! Everyone have a great day!
3 days ago


4 comments:
Is there anything you don't have that is computerized?? Is ROSS computerized?? ROFLOL!! I'll let this one slide, since it was only $20.00!! SHEESH GIRL!! I'm putting you to work on my puter when you come here!! LOL
I MEANT RUSS!!!!! OH GEEZ
I just came from the bank and saw ROSS!! - -SO SORRY!!
IS RUSS COMPUTERIZED???
Russ is a worse gadget-freak than I am. I get it from him. Before him, all my gadgets were limited to photography and craft stuff..... Really.... Honest.....
OKAY, well you have fun this weekend with "RUSS" (whew, got it right this time) and I will call you maybe on Monday!! Too bad my layover isn't in RENO. Vegas here I come - got a pocketful of quarters - MAMA NEEDS A NEW BELT!!
ROFLOL -- we'll talk soon!!
Post a Comment