If you are in Group Two of Lyssa's (GWTW Junkie) "Convention Quality Card Swap #5", don't read any further unless you want to see the card I made for my spot!
This started out TOTALLY differently in my head and then morphed into the PERFECT CARD which UNFORTUNATELY used a retired punch! Ack! I originally rounded the top corners and the corners on the pocket flap, but I realized that the corner rounder I had used was the one that Stampin' Up! retired a couple years ago, not the current one which gives a less rounded edge. I don't like it as much, personally, but that's just me! Tore my stamp room apart. Can't find the current rounder. Called every craft and scrapbook store in a 25 mile radius.... everyone was either out of that size or didn't carry it. Checked WalMart and Target too. No such luck. So, my perfect card got sent out in a slightly imperfect form, with square corners.
ALL materials used are from Stampin' Up! as this is a demonstrator swap:
This is a classic pocket card made from Confetti White Cardstock cut 4.5" x 10.5" and scored at 1.5" and 5" from one edge. The swirly image from Baroque Motifs is stamped above the pocket in So Saffron Classic ink. The patterned paper is also in So Saffron from the Washington Apple DSP. It is adhered flush with the bottom of the folded card. The sentiment (from Best Yet; a Level 1 Hostess set) was stamped in Chocolate Chip Classic ink on the lower right corner. Then I applied the 5/8" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain ribbon to the flap and secured the flap edge down over the DSP. The flowers are from the Eastern Blooms set and are stamped twice, once in Riding Hood Red Classic ink and once in Tangerine Tango Classic Ink on Whisper White cardstock, cut out and layered together. On the small red flowers, I only cut out the 4 larger petals so the smaller tangerine ones would show underneath. On the large red flower, the center is colored in with a So Saffron Stampin' Write Marker and then dotted with Crystal Effects and dusted with Dazzling Diamonds glitter. The small flowers are held together with gold brads, the large flowers with a glue dot. All flowers are adhered to the ribbon with glue dots and the pocket is sealed up the edges with Tombow Multi Purpose Adhesive. The insert is a simple 2x3 piece of Whisper White cardstock inside an envelope made using the new Riding Hood Red Patterns DSP and the brand new Big Shot Bigz Scallop Envelope die (a Stampin' Up! exclusive die).
All of these products (Big Shot and dies not available until Sept. 2, 2008) used can be purchased through your Stampin' Up! independent Demonstrator. If you don't have a demonstrator and are interested in ordering Stampin' Up! product, contact me or check the Stampin' Up! website to find a demonstrator in your area!
Thanks for looking!


2 comments:
WOWZERS!! I love this!! Love the colors and I have to save a photo of it - - very nice job (as always)
Judy :)
Great card! Love all the details!
--amysings
Post a Comment