Friday, June 01, 2007

Doin' the "New Product Happy Dance" !!!!




OK. I stayed up later than I should last night and placed my Stampin' Up! preview order. We got to order just ONE of each new product (no, Russ, I did NOT get them all! Sheesh!) in the preview brochure starting June 1st. Which to the order entry system means 12:00:01 Utah time. So at 11PM my time, while Russ was snoring away in the next room (sorry, dear!), I placed my happy little order for new stuff! I finalized my order and printed out my receipt at 12:07:39 Stampin' Up! time. I love having my orders already laid out in excel (yes, I'm a nerd)... just go down the list of product numbers, see if the totals are close and DONE!

After reading the hype and banter on Splitcoast about everyone ordering, a lot of ladies said they were going to expedite their orders. Now, I've never done this in my 20 months with Stampin' Up! because I am only 2 shipping days away via UPS ground, and paying the extra to have it sent 2-Day is just silly. HOWEVER, I have learned that during really big ordering rushes (like new catalog time, the beginning and end of SAB and preview time) their normally lightning fast processing tends to take a whole 3 or 4 days instead of the usual 24-48 hours. Orders that are expedited go to the "express lane" for processing. My happy little order has already gone into "picking" status which means that right now, someone in Utah is putting brand new stamps, cardstock, ink and accessories into a box with my name on it which will be on my doorstep on TUESDAY! Drool!!!!! And what may be even better is that my UPS ground shipments usually get here between 5:30 and 6:30 in the evening, but the Overnight and 2 Day shipments come earlier in the day.... sometimes before lunch, giving me an extra 6 hours with my new toys! Oh, and good news for the one stamper who actually religiously comments on my ramblings here.... Watch your mailbox at the end of next week for a little envelope..... LOL!





It's funny.... I was not NEARLY this excited about the new stuff last year. As a matter of fact, I was gone the last week of June when the new catalogs started showing up and was really not bugged to have missed seeing the stuff a couple days early. This year, I will be gone again (up at the cabin, working on Convention Swaps, just like last year!).... there is no easy Internet connection up there. This year it's bugging me. I can (and probably will at least twice) go up into town with my laptop and pay to connect at a restaurant up there. I guess I can blame getting swept up in the excitement over on SCS. I spend a LOT more time there than I did last year.

What's NOT funny is that I had my first Convention-Swap-Anxiety-Induced nightmares last night..... I usually don't start getting these until a couple weeks before Convention. It's going to be a LONG 55 days, I think! One involved pulling my swaps out to trade and they were just little clear envelopes with blank layers of cardstock inside. The second one had to do with a specific swap I was insane enough to join for "card candy". I've never done card candy before, so I'm already stepping out of my "zone" for this one. In the dream, I was being laughed at by the ladies at the swap because I didn't have the words "CARD CANDY" stamped on my toppers. Not that this is a requirement. At least it better not be, or I'll be in trouble!

Here is the confession of a BAD BAD BAD SU! girl.... I do not own an SU! alpha set. Although the Doodle Alpha is still tempting and should it make the catalog next month, I *might* consider it, I do not like rubber alphabets. Especially wood mounted. I am totally spoiled by my clear stamps for doing letters. Sorry. Take me out and give me 50 lashes with a wet cardstock noodle, but I just can't do letters that aren't clear. I have a large collection of CTMH alphas from my time with them and, should they come out with new ones I like, I will buy more. There. I've confessed my stamp-infidelity!

Happy June and happy stamping (to the few stampers out there who read this!) everyone!!!!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Sorry -- you must have a topper that reads: Lisa's Splendiferous Card Candy. ;)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

How exciting! You're already in picking!!! I dreamt I sent out blank envelopes to all my blog readers the other day, so I sympathize with your anxiety nightmares! I've been wanting to make card candy for about year, but have never gotten around to it. Maybe I should bump it to the top of my list of projects again.