This can only mean one thing.... it is new catalog time. We got the list of retiring accessories on Wednesday. It was NOT good news for those of us who have already finished some of our Convention swaps..... even though it seemed like a staple, SU! retired ALL the organdy ribbon AND THE METALLIC CORD! Eek! They "technically" retired all the grosgrain ribbon too, but said SOME colors would come back renamed and on a smaller spool. Oh, the agony.
Then, yesterday afternoon, I got a text message from Melissa (stampinmelis) telling me someone on SCS HAD THEIR NEW CATALOG and was posting info. I was glued to the computer the rest of the day.
So, now I know what grosgrain colors are coming back and which ones are gone forever and some of them were SHOCKING. One was particularly odd, since in the July Stampin' Success (demonstrator newsletter), they USED this particular ribbon in a sample, but it is not in the new catalog. We are hoping it is a catalog error, but I sadly doubt it. What bites is that seeing it in the July issue, I used that on another one of my swaps for Convention.... sigh.... at least this one is feasible to pull off and substitute another color! We also figured out that the per yard ribbon price on the grosgrain is going up about 38% so I ordered the existing 25 yard rolls this morning of the colors I was low on, plus white. I can always dye the white any color I like.
There are now several gals in SoCal and Vegas who have received their mailed catalogs. The Canadian demonstrators have started receiving their boxes of catalogs. My PO Box mail should be there in a few minutes and my house mail in another 2-3 hours. I don't think I'll get mine today.... not feeling lucky.
I have started my wish list already..... sorry, Russ.... it isn't pretty.... Anyone wanna buy a kidney? LOL!
Well, I'm off to the PO Box (hope springs eternal, you know!)... if I get it, I'll post again......
3 days ago


2 comments:
Can't wait to see all the new stuff. I heard a little rumor - and am extremely sad about the loss of my FAVORITE grosgrain color in the 1/4" size. :(
I hear ya! It is a crazy time of year. Sure gonna miss that cool color, too. ;-(
Post a Comment