That pretty much sums up my feelings right now!
Ugh.... yesterday was our first day this year hitting 100 degrees. Depending on who you listen to, the forecast for today is 100, 101 or 102.
YAY!..... The true sign that someone is BFF(Best Friend Forever) material is a friend who will leave 10 minutes early in the morning to stop by the drive-thru at Starbucks and bring you your morning "fix" on their way to work. YAY! So I got up early, opened up all the windows in the house, turned all the fans on, started a load of laundry (want to be done with the dryer before it gets over 80 degrees out!)
Bleh..... By 8 AM it was already 76 degrees outside, the same temp as it was inside, so I had to close all the windows and the blinds in an attempt to keep the temp in the house below 80 (when the A/C will kick on) until after noon. Yeah. Good luck with that. Oh well...
Grrrrrr..... So, I've done my domestic duty, I'm caffeinated, time to plop my fat happy butt in the stamp chair and actually take a leisurely cruise through the forums on Splitcoast! NOT! SCS has been having server issues for the past 5 or 6 days. Actually, this is their second round of server issues. So, the site is down this morning.
Now, I know I have no place to complain as it is a FREE service (although I do subscribe to the Fan Club to help support the site), but darn it! Don't those silly server machines know there is a NEW CATALOG coming in two weeks and we are addicted to talking about it? And Convention is just 41 days away!!!! SIGH.... I've read all my friends' blogs. I've cleaned out my e-mail. I still have almost 3 hours to kill before I can escape to the air-conditioned theater and see Pirates (finally). Guess this is some higher power's way of telling me to get my butt back in the stamp room and work on my convention swaps.....
They are actually coming along well.... I printed the recipe labels for the backs of the second Dinner swap and put those on this morning, and my little supply order from Stampin' Up! arrived last night with my Dimensionals, so I have been putting the finishing piece on those and getting them into their clear envelopes. I have one of my two ATC (artist trading card) swaps designed and have cut most of the pieces for that. I am making progress on the second design as well as ideas for the Card Candy swap and the other card swap I'm in. But, yes, I really do need to get myself in that chair and get moving. I leave for the cabin in12 days and I want to have everything designed and cut so that all I have to do up there is stamp and assemble. We'll see how I do with that....
3 days ago


1 comment:
Anyone that wants to bring me Starbucks can be my BFF! LOL!
Post a Comment