Monday, June 11, 2007

Yes, I've been stamping....

But it's all convention swap stuff, so I can't share, sorry! If I get going on my roommate gifts, I will post those, since she doesn't even know I have a blog! I did get my second batch of (52) cards done for the Splitcoast dinner at Convention. I'll throw you a bone... here is the focal image of the card:





It is from the Stampin' Up! set "Artfully Asian". The image is stamped in Timber Brown StazOn on the Shimmery White cardstock and then colored in using the NEW Wild Wasabi and Ruby Red reinkers with my aquapainter. Then it's matted on Brushed Gold and again on Basic Black cardstock. The aquapainter and reinkers were a lot more work than using markers (I was going to use Old Olive for the leaves originally), but I really like the shading effect that the painter gives it.


Now I'm off to resume my duties as Domestic Goddess and then back to the stamp table to work on ATCs.... I have 40 of those to do.... 2 sets of 20.


ONLY 44 DAYS TILL CONVENTION!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!

2 comments:

Mark's Finest Papers said...

How fantastic! I love that you are using the new in colors! AND Shimmer White! Wow!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

When you're done being a Domestic Goddess there, you can just head on over here! LOL I love the look of the reinkers! I still haven't quite mastered that technique, but it sure is fun playing around with my aquapainter.