Friday, June 29, 2007

Yes, it has arrived!

I'll start with the good stuff... the babies are both home and are now causing their parents sleepless nights as babies do!



Aren't they adorable?????

Now for the fun I've been having...... It has been an odyssey getting this catalog! Wednesday, another demonstrator in the Sacramento area felt sorry for me and another catty-less demo and PM'd us on SCS that we could go to her house Wednesday evening and get a catalog from her. YAY! Thanks, Jillian and thanks to Stella who gave Jillian the catalogs!

So Wednesday evening I gently and lovingly looked thru the new catalog before packaging it up on Thursday morning to send it out in the mail.... Then my demonstrator copy arrived in the mail (they sent it to the PO BOX - YAY!) on Thursday, so yesterday I had a copy I could highlight and put sticky tabs all over! My box arrived today, so now I have catalogs for anyone who needs them from me! YAY! Sadly, it appears that those of us with smaller client lists (who only ordered one box of catalogs) had ours ship out last. Many of my friends online are still waiting for their boxes to arrive today, while folks in the same areas who ordered 2 or more boxes have had theirs since Wednesday. And just think, we get to go thru this TWICE a year now! Yep, that's right! Along with the normal joys and stresses of the Season, we will be on new catalog watch between Christmas and New Year's Day.... oh, the anticipation (insert dripping sarcasm)....

All I will say about my reaction to the catalog is that it is VERY trendy. For those of you who like the shabby chic, bohemian style that is so prevalent now, you will be TOTALLY IN LOVE with this catalog. Now those of you who know my stamping style will realize that I am not in that camp. I do like the catalog. Thankfully my wish list is not as long as it has been in previous years. Not that I don't have a sizeable order waiting to go in next week, mind you.... Oh, and for anyone wondering, the soonest SU! will take orders in the system for the new catalog is noon MT on July 1st. Here is their holiday schedule, per their website:

We will close the Stampin' Up! Distribution Center and Demonstrator Support on Wednesday, July 4, 2007, for Independence Day. Shipping will resume on Thursday, July 5, 2007. Expedited shipping will be unavailable from Friday, June 29, 2007, to Thursday, July 5, 2007, at noon.

OK... now this throws a SERIOUS monkey wrench into my plans..... Expedited shipping is available when you finalize your order by 11AM - if they aren't taking expedited orders until NOON, that means they won't do any expedites until the 6th. My UPS doesn't arrive until dinnertime usually. 2 day shipping on the 6th puts my order here at dinnertime on the 10th. At dinnertime on the 10th, I will be at the cabin on the coast for the week to work on my swaps for convention..... ugh. I've already had to move this "vacation" once since they discontinued all the accessories I had planned to use and now I can't get the new stuff in time either? The convention swap Gods are NOT smiling on me this year..... SIGH.... I'm on hold with SU! now to clarify.... I wonder if I can have them sent to the rental agency up there????? Hmmmm...... that would be one less thing to pack too..... He he he!

OK.... just verified with SU!.... that's exactly what that means. DARN! And here I had toyed with the idea of doing the SUPER Expedite in the hopes of having new stamps and stuff here on the 6th for my birthday! Guess Russ will get stuck entertaining me for the weekend now! Hear that, babe???? Better come up with something good! Bwa ha ha! Guess I'm no longer "toying" with the idea of Super Expedite... I'm going to have to just to get the stuff in time now. Sigh.....

Off to look thru the catalog again.... I find something new each time!

Oh! And here are a couple photos of Russ with his little niece and nephew....

1 comment:

Pattyjo said...

twins? How adorable! I would have loved to have had twins!