Friday, August 10, 2007

Card Candy!

I got my Card Candy swap from Convention back in the mail today! It was a swap with gals from both sessions, so that's why it came in the mail rather than coming home with me. There was some GREAT STUFF in there and maybe tomorrow I will scan a couple and upload them. I thought I had blogged mine already, but I didn't see it when I looked real quick, so here is what I did:

ALL IMAGES © Stampin' Up! 1999-2007



I used a total of NINE punches to do this. It was fun! Most of the colors are from the new In Colors: Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Groovy Guava, Purely Pomegranate and Wild Wasabi. I also used Barely Banana and Blush Blossom. Stamp sets used were It's All Good, Big Flowers, Baroque Motifs and the So Swirly Jumbo wheel. The clear button is stamped with one of the stamps from Background Sampler with Whisper White Craft ink that I tinted green using Wild Wasabi Classic ink (refill), then it was embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder. The edge on the oval piece was done with the silver end of the ZIG Painty Pen. Lots of work, but lots of fun!

I got my Holiday Mini pre-order (and some other goodies) yesterday. I now have 2 swaps of 18 pieces each to get going on.... they are due to be mailed on the 20th. The 2 sets I got were Season Of Joy and True Friend (which coordinates with the designer paper in the mini, Apple Cider, as well as coordinating with Baroque Motifs!). I also got the new gold and silver cord. I don't like it as much as the old cord, but it will do. The new cord is elastic, but thinner than I thought it would be. I think the only other thing I ordered from the mini were the new Mini Library Clips. When they say MINI, they MEAN IT! These things are DANG TINY! LOL! I also got some of the Jumbo Eyelets that came out in the catalog in July and replenished some cardstock I was low or out of.

So, that said, I'm off to the stamp room!

2 comments:

COME STAMP WITH JUDY !! said...

mini library clips?? Can you share a photo?? Love the candy card!! Should I be looking for a holiday mini in the mail soon??
LOL

Lisa said...

no, because I was so busy getting ready for convention that I missed the deadline to order them..... SIGH.