In 2 weeks I'm going to take a trip to Austin, TX for a long weekend to see 2 of my Spam Ma'am friends, Janice and Kate! They are having a Stamp Camp that Sunday. It looks like one of the other Texas Spammies, Heather is going to drive to Austin to join in the fun too! I'm also told we are going to a "Schnapps Bar" on 6th Street for something called a "Flaming Dr. Pepper". Looks interesting....
I got some stamping goodies in the mail today from another one of the Spamily, Cherie! I'm not going to go into detail since she sent packages out to all of us, but I will upload the card here. I love Pretty In Pink and Gable Green together! And the Cuttlebug embossing folder she used, Stylized Flowers, is one of my favorites. It's hard to see in the picture, but she colored the embossed parts and then used glitter on the flowers. VERY SPARKLY!!!! The panel is also Shimmery White card stock, so it really just shines!
So pretty!
The Spamily is doing a circle journal! We each start a small scrapbook with a theme and instructions to the rest of the group and then mail it off! We will mail the book we have on the 15th of each month. 10 months later, I will have done a 2 page layout in each of their books and I will get mine back with a 2 page layout from each of them in it. Those of you who know me know that I do NOT scrapbook, so this is a HUGE step out of my comfort zone. It should be interesting! Here are some links I found on the web about circle journals:
http://scrapbooking.com/article/8001 http://www.pagesoftheheart.net/artma...icle_923.shtml
And: http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/mag...dex_field=1002
It's about 100 degrees outside (second day in a row).... State Fair is open, so I'm sure that's why it got hot again.... it's always "stupid hot" when the State Fair is running! I'm hoping it cools off next week so I can go.... I LOVE COTTON CANDY!!!! And so does Taz! Yeah, she's really strange.....


1 comment:
I'm really sad you're not coming this way!! I compiled all my clay videos on a DVD just for your visit while we stamped!! ROFLOL
That card is beautiful. I hear our cool weather is sorta ending and it's suppose to get hot again so maybe it's coming this way.
Post a Comment