I realized today that I could probably have blog material for MONTHS if I go through my swaps SLOWLY! Today I am sharing the 3 altered "Altoid" tins I got at Convention.
This one had mints in it (gone! YUM!) and was made by one of my Spam Ma'am friends - Kristi S. from Tonganoxie, KS. I LOVE the microbeads along the edge.... I always use boring ribbon!
The other two I got trading out on the General Floor (mostly waiting in line to get into General Session in the mornings). They both had little cards inside the tins. The first one was by Freda E. from Port Orchard, WA. There were 6 little cards inside, 2 of each style:
And this third one also had 6 cards inside, 3 of each style. The lid on this tin is done in a technique called "Polished Stone", which is done on glossy paper. The artist is Cassie Knox. If you want more info on how to do Polished Stone, you can click on the link on the right to Splitcoaststampers (SCS) and do a search for "Polished Stone" either in the forums or the Gallery.
This is the tin that I was trading:
It is a Wilton Wedding Favor tin. They come in a bucket of 25 or 30 at Michael's, JoAnn's and other craft stores for around $20 (but you can use a 40% coupon when they have one!). All supplies but the tin and the chocolate are from the current Stampin' Up! catalog. The image from Double Line Doodles is stamped on Pretty in Pink Cardstock in StazOn Timber Brown and cut out to a 2" circle. Then I added some Liquid Glue to the heart and the circle and dusted them with Dazzling Diamonds glitter before gluing the cardstock inside the lid, below the acetate (using Crystal Effects as glue). The Light Pink Gingham and Bravo Burgundy Grosgrain ribbon are attached using Sticky Strip. The flower is punched from Pretty In Pink using the Spring Flower Bouquet punch and the Linen Thread is tied arond the Silver Brad thru the center. The flower is attached with Mini Glue Dots (2). The words were printed onto Pretty in Pink using the Write Me A Memory Journaling Fonts CD (vol 2) and then punched out with the Small Tag Punch, sponged with Close to Cocoa ink and layered onto Close To Cocoa cardstock that had been punched out with the Large Tag Punch. Inside were 3 Hershey Kisses Truffles. Cute, huh? I took about 20 of them with me. Chocolate always trades well at Convention!
Tomorrow I'll share more of my goodies and the other 3D item I took to swap!


3 comments:
These items are just wonderful.
They look like they came off the IMPRESS RUBBER STAMP site - really!! I love looking at everything you've shared-- can't wait for more!!
when you're hear - I want to make those round tins - for choc....and make a few samples for the wedding.....okay???
Still waiting on new swap items!!
..fingers snapping on table.....
I am so honored that you would showcase something of mine here. Thanks Lisa!! I feel really special since this is the first time I have been "published" LOL! I just wish I woulda got one of your tins too!!
Post a Comment