Friday, August 24, 2007

One of those WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT moments....

OK. I have SIX people's blogs in my "links toolbar" (meaning that when my fat butt is at the computer and I have more than 15 minutes of leisure time after wandering through SCS, I cruise my links first and then delve into the "blogs" folder in my faves, so these 6 pretty much get read EVERY DAY). This morning I was crusing thru them and I came to this: http://paperpleasing.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/08/ooooo---are-you.html


Julie is someone I have "met" on Splitcoaststampers and I just TOTALLY love her work, so I put her blog in my links so I don't miss anything. Well I am SO GLAD I didn't miss today's post! I just got this set a couple weeks ago and had not mounted it yet because I REALLY wanted to separate the phrases (the 34 individual lines come as THREE stamps with THREE blocks), but I didn't know HOW to make this work. Well, Julie's blog today was one of those "cloud-parting-angels-singing-light-beaming-down-from-above" moments. I ran over to WalMart and found they had a 55 pack of dominoes, so I now have 21 left over for altering PLUS the tin they came in! WOO HOO! Here is the result:




I *did* have to steal the (larger) container from one of my retired background stamps and stuff it into the container So Many Sayings came in, but look at how well they fit in the background size box! It was destiny, I tell ya!!! Does this not TOTALLY ROCK???? Julie, I love ya for sharing!!!!!

I have been amassing supplies getting ready for the start of the Spamily Circle Journals. Got some REALLY cute pink and black ribbon yesterday to use when I get Melissa's journal... she has requested that we do our pages using only pink, black and white. The book I am using for my journal has been ordered and is on its way to me. I have all sorts of ideas of how I am going to do this.... we'll see what it actually ends up looking like!

1 comment:

MAMA, MOCHA and JOSIE said...

GIRL YOU EXHAUST ME with your creativity and running to Walmart for this and that. I kinda miss doing those things - but kinda don't. I don't get this dominoe project and is Julie the Julie mod from SCS?? You just don't stop creating do you?? When I grow up I want to be you!! HA HA!!