Sunday, August 05, 2007

More Convention goodies!

OK - Here's another gorgeous swap card I got at the Splitcoast Dinner (Session 1) at Convention:

ALL IMAGES © Stampin' Up! 1999-2007

This card was done by Chris Shively and uses Very Vanilla, River Rock, Cameo Coral and Chocolate Chip. The images are from Baroque Motifs and the Canvas Background was used. SO PRETTY!!!

I also stamped up 10 fast and SUPER easy bottle collar drink holders. I wish I had a photo of it ON the bottle, but you'll have to use your imagination...

ALL IMAGES © Stampin' Up! 1999-2007

The 1 1/4" Circle punch makes the perfect size hole to slip over the cap of a standard 16.9 or 20 ounce water bottle. The Bashful Blue cardstock was cut to be 2" x 8.5" (you can get 5 out of a sheet of cardstock!). Punch the hole at the top, leaving at least 1/4" (I left about 3/8”) above the hole so it doesn't tear when you put it on the bottle! I scored and folded about 2.75" up from the bottom to make the pocket and then punched 2 holes near the top of the pocket using the 1/8" punch and tied the Light Blue Gingham ribbon in a little bow. “Dream Big” was the theme for Convention, so I just HAD to use this image from the It’s All Good set. It is stamped in Bashful Blue Craft ink onto Whisper White cardstock and then embossed using Iridescent Ice embossing powder. Or was it Hologram Highlights? Sorry, I can’t remember now! I then punched it out using our new Scallop Circle punch (the idea was for it to look a little bit like a cloud) and adhered it to the pocket below the bow, using a Pop Up Glue Dot. The sides of the pocket are adhered RIGHT AT THE EDGES using Sticky Strip WITH the drink packet already inside (if you seal the pocket first, it’s too tight to slip the packet in there – trust me). Fun, fast and SUPER EASY! You could dress it up even more by using one of the Jumbo Wheels on the cardstock or by using Double Sided Designer Series Papers. WAY CUTE!!!!

3 comments:

COME STAMP WITH JUDY !! said...

Well well well - is that not the coolest invention since bottled water?? LOL - - That is just to cute for words!! Great job and the card is purdy too!! Keep 'em coming. I know you - you have tons more. Did you read my one message on the wedding tins? We must play when you come!!

Melissa said...

Thank you for posting this one -- it's one I didn't get. :(

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just when I had finally decided I didn't NEED that Baroque set! I think that's one of the prettiest cards I've seen using it. I absolutely love the drink holder idea - the wheels in my head are turning!