Thursday, August 30, 2007

For Judy - A SPAMMY SPOILER!

Spammies - do NOT look at the photo at the end of this post if you don't want to see what I am working on for Christmas gifts..... You have been warned!


Judy apparently asked in comments last Friday what I am doing with the leftover dominoes. Unfortunately, I don't look at my blog except when I post to it, so she had to smack me upside the head with an e-mail! LOL! I had the PERFECT sized image for a domino, so I thought these would be really cute little Christmas ornaments for the Spam Ma'ams.



The stamp is by Stampendous. There are two little glasses on the stamp, I zapped it off the wood block, cut the image in half and used just this one on an acrylic block and then stuck it back on its wood block next to it's brother when I was done. The other glass has a tree in it, I think....



I started by sanding the blank side of the dominoes and wiping them off with rubbing alcohol. The image is stamped in StazOn Jet black and then I let them dry for a couple hours while I cleaned out a drawer or two.... The red and green are Sharpie Fine Point Markers. The silvery color is a Stardust Glitter pen. I did most of them with the Stardust as the beverage too, but it needed a little more "pop" so I tried a little glue and Dazzling Diamonds on this one. Not sure I like it. Once I figure out what I'm using, I'll seal them with a light coat of Krylon. The Stardust Glitter Pen will rub off otherwise. If I just used StazOn and the Sharpies, I think I could leave it unsealed. The back side (where the dots are) will be covered over in patterned paper and then I will run red Grosgrain ribbon around the edge of the domino and attach a loop to hang it, probably also in the red ribbon. We'll see. Now I need to find a "family suitable" image that will fit a domino..... I think these are what I'm going to do for Russ' family this year, just not with a Christmas Martini on them! Here is the Spamily Version:





Cute, huh? I think they are fun! I've had a few dominoes in my drawer of stuff to be altered for YEARS, but had always seen them done as little pins and honestly, they are kinda heavy for pins, IMHO. I thought about doing them as magnets too.... kinda like the little mini tiles (Judy - I'll post those in a future blog, I promise... I was planning to do some of those for Christmas this year too and when I do, I'll post it.... probably late October, after Portland!). Over on Splitcoast, you can go to the Gallery and search "domino" and see some FABULOUS stuff done.... I'm loving the necklaces, but need to find someone with a drill press to drill thru the dominoes (the long way) for me! the Keychains are cute too, and that's a hole I can drill with my cordless drill. Hmmmm....

1 comment:

MAMA, MOCHA and JOSIE said...

AMAZING!!!
BEAUTIFUL!!!
WONDERFUL!!!
CREATIVE!!!

okay I read about hanging them
with ribbon, did I miss something
about a hole for the ribbon or
do you just glue the ends of the
ribbon to the backside?
I'm running to tell Tammy to
come look see. TOO COOL!!

I see a CLAY one coming my way soon!! ROFLOL!