Thursday, October 25, 2007

OK. That wasn't very nice....

To make up for teasing you that I made something cool in the stamp room yesterday but not sharing, I decided to whip up something I *could* post!

The easiest way for me to do something NICE in a HURRY is to copy another card. In "Stampland" it's called C.A.S.E.ing which stands for Copy And Share Everything. As I do not have the original artist's permission to post her card, I will just tell you that I changed VERY LITTLE from her original... Like I said, I was in a HURRY! LOL! Here is a link to the original card in the artist's gallery on Splitcoast.

And here is my blatant copy! Everything but the Stickles is fom Stampin' Up!



The card and the "photo corners" are Basic Gray cardstock. The big flower mat and half the little flowers are stamped in Basic Gray on Whisper White after stamping off once. The sentiment is from the Hostess Set "So Many Sayings" and it is stamped on the Soft Sky in Basic Gray. The Soft Sky panel was stamped with the Canvas background and then with the square image from Baroque Motifs. All the images on the white panel are from Baroque Motifs and are stamped in Soft Sky, Basic Gray and Cameo Coral. I distressed the edges of the Cameo Coral and Whisper White panels to give them a little more "oomph". I also accented the piercing on the photo corners and areas in the images with Stardust Stickles. Glittery goodness!! The ribbon is Soft Sky Double Stitched and the rhinestone brad is from the Circle Ice set. The Soft Sky flower image is matted onto the Basic Gray one with Stampin' Dimensionals for a little extra POP!
I'm going to send this to a stamping friend who, once she gets it, can take as many pictures of it as she wants.... LOL!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Your link isn't working! ;)

Lisa said...

I *think* I fixed it..... stoopid computers....

Heather said...

Well I don't care WHERE you got the inspiration---I LOVE IT!!!

Lisa said...

Thanks Princess!!!!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So pretty! I think I like your card better. The sparkles and sentiment change and rearrangement of the photo corner and flower just seem perfect. You really make me wish I had this set! :)

MAMA, MOCHA and JOSIE said...

It's very pretty!!

Leslie Hanna said...

I love your version this card!