Sunday, October 21, 2007

I really hate making these......

But if I'm gonna spend the time stamping, I'm gonna post it!







Due to the somber nature, I tried to keep it simple and elegant. The rose image is by Stampa Rosa and the sentiment is by Paper Inspirations. The card base is Shimmery White and the rose is stamped on watercolor paper in StazOn Timber Brown and water colored with my aquapainter and Watercolor Wonder crayons (Always Artichoke and Rose Red and a little Brocade Blue in the drops on the rose petals). I added a little Crystal effects to the water droplets on the petals to give them some dimension. Then I mounted the image onto Always Artichoke that I edged by dragging across an Artichoke stamp pad. The sentiment is stamped in Encore Gold on white Vellum and then I "gilded" the edge on the Encore pad before adhering it to the card (I used my Scotch ATG 1/4" adhesive and it doesn't show thru the vellum!). It needed just a little something, so I added the brads.... Hope that wasn't too much bling.....

5 comments:

MAMA, MOCHA and JOSIE said...

Very beautiful - you make it sound like someone just passed and your sending this card - I'm sorry.

Lisa said...

It's for someone on SCS whose blog I read daily... JanTink.....

MAMA, MOCHA and JOSIE said...

OH well, I'm sorry - I will check it out tomorrow.

You have more friends there - because I get in CE and start WWWII about GAY RIGHTS, HILLARY and POLITICALLY CORRECT WORDS!! ROFLOL -- However, I am liked kinda sorta in TV LAND!! And I did share a cnn link in CE about the MALIBU FIRES and kept my mouth shut- just shared the link!!
ROFLOL.

OKAY - - I have a dilemma - - coming up - - renew my special side of SCS subscription or renew my fan club membership to CLAY AIKEN OFFICIAL FAN CLUB (inside edition) which gets me in to read his blogs, a few trinkets, my own blog area, the forum where I can write DEAR CLAY (and he does read them) and other forums which I've not gotten myself in trouble - I have an image to keep there - ROFLOL!! And early discounted ticket prices if his butt ever shows up in my area for a concert.

WHICH SHALL I CHOOSE - - NOW really think here - - and why I NO LONGER NEED the special side of SCS anymore!! Besides, you could become my court side reporter and sharer of all the pretties!!

YOUR THOUGHTS???

Tammy said...

Absolutely beautiful, Lisa. I love seeing what you create.

Tammy

Melissa said...

Very pretty -- I'm sure Jan will appreciate it!