Tuesday, May 01, 2007

My head is spinning.....

Today (well, actually LATE last night) Stampin' Up! released their retirement list, telling us what stamp sets would not make it from the current Idea Book to the next one (which comes out July 1st). It's a pretty big deal and there were a bunch of us over on Splitcoast "stalking" its release. Once it came out, the shock wave spread.

In the past, they have retired around 150 stamp sets - not insignificant when you consider there are around 360 regular "sets" in the catalog. This year they retired 233 sets from the US catalog. It would have been easier for them to list what WASN'T retiring (129 sets). My personal collection took a HUGE hit. I had 35 current sets, I now have 15 and only 5 of those are "images"; the rest are backgrounds and word sets. This is in addition to the SAB sets and Hostess sets that we knew were going to retire.

I still have 4 sets from the past year's mini catalogs whose status will remain in limbo until the catalog comes out... I think one (Like it a Latte) will make it since the only other coffee set we had is on the list. We lost most of the Christmas sets, all but 1 baby set and even the floral stamps took a beating.

I had hoped to start making Convention Swap cards this week, but all the sets I had envisioned using will be retired and not usable for SU swapping. SIGH.... So, after careful pondering, I ordered 2 more sets that are NOT on the list so I can start swaps NEXT week. Just as well.... I need to get back to work on the baby gifts for the shower on the 12th.

Happy May, everyone!

No comments: