Friday, May 25, 2007

On a sad note.....

As I have probably mentioned, I am headed to Stampin' Up's convention in Denver this summer. One of the fun parts about Convention, since I go alone, is finding a roommate and meeting someone new. Last year it was CraftyKate from Splitcoast. Last month, I found a roommate - Roanne aka Roannestamps on Splitcoast. We have spent the past month or so, e-mailing back and forth, getting to know each other. I just got an e-mail from her yesterday around 4PM her time. She told me all about the 110 swap cards she did on Monday and the Microscope Slide necklaces (swaps) she was working on.

Roanne passed away suddenly last night. Cardiac arrest. She was somewhere around my age (her description was "just a bit older"). She was single, but leaves behind five kitties... Cleo-catra, Venice, Paris, Rio and Braveheart. She collected teacups (ok, got me on that one) and liked to play Sudoku (as do I). She also liked photography. We had a lot in common..... And for someone I never got the opportunity to meet face to face, I miss her. I am so terribly sad for her mother and her kitties and that I was so close to really meeting her and now that won't happen.

Just a reminder of how short and precious life can be..... Give an extra hug to your loved ones, including those with fur for Roanne......

Edited today, 5/27/07 to add that I now know that Roanne was 46 and that she was not alone when she passed, so that was comforting.... She knew she was dying and was able to tell the person with her that she loved them before passing. Should we all be so fortunate to pass in the comforting arms of a loved one.....

1 comment:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is so sad, Lisa! I feel for you and the loss of your new friend. Heart disease can be so sudden and so tragic. Life really sucks sometimes!