Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Yes, it's been a while since I blogged!

I am back from my trek up to Mt Rainier. It was SOOOOOO gorgeous up there!

When I arrived Friday it was SNOWING! Keep in mind it was 85 degrees at home..... Quite a change!



Saturday morning it rained off and on with a sprinkle of snow mixed in early on. I got the "hard-hat tour" of the project which was quite interesting. Freakin cold, but interesting! Here is the picture that will make Judy spew Snapple all over her computer screen...... Yeah.... that's me in my ski jacket, gloves, fleece hat, hard hat and safety vest! Scary.....












We spent most of Saturday and part of Sunday driving all over the park. I took a ton of pictures, some of which are even half decent.
We didn't see any bears, cougars or bobcats, but we did see some grey fox and a HOARY MARMOT. Yes, HOARY, not hairy. It was the funniest dang thing I've ever seen. Like a big, FAT gopher and it CHIRPS LIKE A BIRD. Here is what he looked like:


Like I said, the funniest thing I've seen.... apparently they are rodents.





Russ had to work Saturday morning, which gave me time to work on some swap cards for the Reno Regionals next month. Here is the prototype:


Regionals are October 20/21 up in Reno. I'm hoping to make about 35 of these cards by then. The finished ones will have ribbon and brads on them too. The tag slides back into the punched out hole so just the star on the top of the tree shows. It's an idea I got from a swap card from another SCS member, missellee.


I have the painter coming later this week or early next week to show me colors so I can hopefully have test patches on the house when Russ comes home on the 30th so we can get the house painted. It needs it SOOOOOO badly! I can't wait to have a house that is ALL ONE COLOR with just ONE trim color again! LOL! The grey stucco has white patches and lines of patch where the stucco has cracked. The trim colors are off white and blue (like SU's Not Quite Navy). The old gutters were painted in the blue to match the fascia boards. Now the new gutters are BRIGHT WHITE. My poor house looks like a patchwork quilt! Russ wanted to paint the house grey again, but I am hoping to talk him into a nice cheery yellowy-cream color. Like a rich French vanilla ice cream color. OK... now I'm HUNGRY! LOL! Ours would be the only house on the street that color. We have one blue, one green and the rest are either a shade of grey or brown. BLEH!

That's about all that's new here.......

1 comment:

COME STAMP WITH JUDY !! said...

You look fabulous in that hard hat!LOL...But I'm more interested in that card!! See, I knew I should sat there and "punched" that slot a hundred times when you were here....I LOVE THAT CARD!! Great job!!