Good morning world! No blog yesterday, but I did ride my bike for about 3.5 miles yesterday morning. No bike ride today. Something I ate yesterday made me sick for most of the afternoon. Then I thought I was better so I ate dinner last night. BAD IDEA. So I was sick half the night. Bleh. I feel like I've been kicked in the stomach. Dinner was soooooo yummy though.... I have a new baked salmon recipe that I have been making... VERY TASTY! We had that with herbed rice (rice-a-roni, the San Francisco treat!) and salad. YUMMMMMM!!!! All that's on the schedule for today is taking Russ to church and doing a little shopping over in that area. I need a new pair of everyday shoes..... Unlike Miss Judy, I don't have a different pair of flip flops for every day of the summer (LOL!).... I wear the same pair of shoes every day from about March thru October and these have just about HAD IT! I have another pair I wear every day when it gets colder. They are heavy duty though and will last me 3 or 4 years before they die on me! After church and shopping I have a couple loads of laundry to do for Russ before he leaves tomorrow. I have chicken marinating in Italian tomato-basil-garlic marinade to grill for dinner with a side of whole wheat pasta and salad. Ssssshhhhhhh.... don't tell Russ the pasta is whole wheat and GOOD FOR HIM.... he won't eat it! LOL! We went to BevMo (Beverages & More) yesterday and Russ got a couple of cigars and I picked out 2 bottles of California Chardonnay to bring to Idaho. We also went over to REI and looked at hiking boots for Russ. A nice, quiet, low-key weekend for us! Russ flies out at 3:25 tomorrow afternoon and with the Holiday, we figure he will need to be at the airport by 2.
OH... *THIS* ought to be interesting..... My friend, Trish, works for the County out at the airport. She called me on Friday to ask when Russ was flying out since THE COUNTY WORKERS, INCLUDING THOSE AT THE AIRPORT ARE GOING ON STRIKE TUESDAY MORNING! Doesn't affect Russ, but *I* FLY OUT WEDNESDAY MORNING!!!! AAAAAACCCCKKKK!!!!! Let's put it this way, Trish is an upper level Auditing Manager. She has a shift directing curbside traffic on Tuesday from 10 to 2. This will affect me most if the shuttle drivers are striking..... I park in long term parking and take the shuttle in to the terminal. If there is no shuttle..... It's about a mile walk, with luggage. I think it's time to call SUPER SHUTTLE! LOL! OK... I just looked at Super Shuttle and for a 6:50 flight time, they want to pick me up at FOUR-FREAKIN-A.M.!!!!! I am a 15 to 20 minute drive from the airport. That is INSANE!!!!! UGH! Do I chance the shuttles working and drive or bite the bullet and be on my doorstep at 4 am????? Hmmmm..... That is just SO WRONG....
3 days ago


2 comments:
BITE THE BULLET - and have them pick you up. You can sleep on the plane...unless you have the need to watch it drop 30,000 feet!! ROFLOL
Matching shoes - let's get that correct, I'm not AMELDA MARKUS (sp?) I have one pair of altheic shoes, two pairs of semi-dressy shoes and "it's nobody's business" how pairs of flip flops I have to match every outfit and they're a dime a dozen most of the time.
Dinner sounded good !! LOL
Imelda Velasco... the Queen of Flip Flops.... there we go!
Post a Comment