OK. Last night at midnight, I finally finished my 10 "cards" for Kim Bolzenthal's "WOW Swap" at Convention. The card is a Diagonal Double Pocket card. The instructions for the card itself can be found HERE. All materials used are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.
The front pocket contains a little mini clipboard with a small pad of Post-It notes (from wherever!) that slip into a scalloped pocket. The clipboard is a large (3.5" x 5") laminate sample from Home Depot. It is covered with paper from the new Bella Rose DSP and topped off with 5/8" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain and Pretty In Pink Taffeta. The post-its slip into a little pocket of contrasting paper that I used the new Scallop edge punch on. The Bulldog clip came from an office supply store and is topped with Pretty In Pink Gingham.
The back pocket tag is printed using Stampin' Up's Write Me A Memory Journaling Fonts CD, Vol. II. The font is Girly Girl. It says, "It's a new catalog! DREAM BIG! Here's a little note board to help you keep track of your new catalog wishes!". It is printed in RGB 115/87/86 (to match Chocolate Chip) on Whisper White, sponged with and layered onto Pink Pirouette and then onto Chocolate Chip. The corners of the white and pink pieces are rounded and the hole was punched with the Horizontal Slot Punch. The ribbon is 1/4" Pretty In Pink Grosgrain and Pretty In Pink Gingham.
The card itself is also made of the new Bella Rose DSP. I used the new Scallop Edge punch to scallop the middle section. I accented the front with Gold Brads, ribbon (I used different colors on different cards - 5/8", Taffeta and 1/4" Grosgrain were all used) and the stamped image. The image is from the new Dreams du Jour set. It is stamped in Chocolate Chip craft ink on Pink Pirouette and colored in with Apricot Appeal, Pumpkin Pie and Certainly Celery markers. The corners were punched with the 1/4" Square Punch and then layered onto Chocolate Chip and again onto Riding Hood Red. I used the piercing tool from the Crafter's Tool Kit to add the holes for a little extra detail. The image is attached to the cardfront with Dimensionals.
Here are the six different patterns:
And a picture that shows the scallops on the card:
I am TOTALLY relieved to have this swap DONE. It was the last of the ones I signed up for and was the most challenging for me to make. I changed DSP *TWICE* on this project and really had no clue until yesterday what I was going to do for the tag in the back pocket. I now have 10 days left to finish the gifts for my roommate and group and to hopefully make more swaps for trading out on the floor at Convention. WISH ME LUCK......
Today I take a brief break from Convention stamping to do a birthday card that's a bit challenging for me because the recipient is a VERY talented stamp artist, so for some stupid reason, I always feel a little intimidated sending her stuff I make because the stuff she does is just so OVER THE TOP gorgeous that I feel like my cards look like a kindergartners' next to hers! LOL! I know. I'm insecure and nutso. LOL!
Hope you enjoyed this little sample of my convention stuff. I promise to upload more of my swaps after convention.....
***************
P.S. FOR JUDY V - Are you sitting down? Swallow whatever you have in your mouth. I FOUND A REALITY SHOW I LIKE ENOUGH TO TiVO! I'm in love with "America's Top Dog". LOL! I've been a fan of Tillman, the skateboarding Bulldog for a long time. You should have Mocha watch it... he might learn a thing or two..... He he he.....


1 comment:
First off - I wish I was in the WOW swap. If I was your downline would I get one?
Second - what network is this reality DOG SHOW on. It just so happens "MOCHA" is a dog that can see TV and see's others dogs if you get what I mean - Starburst couldn't, Snick could, and Josie kinda can. So this might be a show for him!! What network?
My jaw is to the floor on the clip boards - did you get those at WM - I used to have a bunch of them and I think I still do. LOL
Post a Comment