Friday, November 02, 2007

Stressin, stressin, stressin......

OK. Don't get me wrong, I *LOVE* Christmas, but there is little in this world that can stress me out more than walking into WalMart on November 1st and seeing their HUGE FREAKIN COUNT DOWN TO CHRISTMAS SIGN UP!!!! (53 shopping days left, by the way) Anyone have a paper bag I can breathe into?????

Let's see.... I have ornaments to make, cards to make, presents to buy, decorating to do. And then there's the baking. And the travel scheduling. And the inevitable guilt trip coming from the north even though I TOLD her we aren't coming up there for Christmas EVER AGAIN after the travel fiasco last year.

What do I have done so far????? I have one card tentatively designed. I have no clue what I'm doing for ornaments. I have a couple Starbucks gift cards bought (those $5 ones you always seem to need to give someone at the last minute). I measured the new gutters to see how many feet of lights I need (now I need to get the lights out and see how many feet I *HAVE* and if I have gutter clips). We won't discuss shopping/gifts. I have an inkling of an idea of what I'm getting Russ and Justin's family. I have a mental budget of what I *plan* to spend. I have money set aside in savings. That's it. No clue where to even start for my Mom. As usual. Ugh.


I remember when I was younger, my shopping was DONE by Halloween (except for stockings and last minute things like edibles) and my cards were addressed and ready to mail the day after Thanksgiving. In recent years I have used the Thanksgiving weekend up at Sea Ranch to stamp my cards. Don't know what I'm doing this year. We still aren't sure when Russ will be done with Vegas, but I may go up to Sea Ranch by myself after Thanksgiving if I don't get some progress made SOON.

I had a couple sketches done last night for the "mailable" Christmas card, but wasn't really HAPPY with either of them. Sat down in there again this morning and made a couple tweaks and I *think* I like it. Unfortunately, I don't own one of the stamps I need for it yet, so it's on order. It will be 7-10 business days before I can see if I *really* like it. Haven't a clue what I'm doing on the "special" cards.... (Special cards go to the friends who get packages from me so they don't need to fly under the new postal regulations that keep me from using embellishments and layers to my heart's content!). I *do* have one batch of ornaments that I did about a month ago for my SCS "Spamily" that are about half done, but I have no clue what I'm doing for our family which is the big batch of ornaments I do every year. Sigh..... Lots of little fragments of ideas, but no real progress. The story of my life.... LOL!

Today is being spent on laundry and errands. Russ is working from home this morning and I helped him get his travel reservations all done for his trip to DC in April.

I decided not to go. I did negotiate him picking up the airfare for my trip to SLC next July for Convention. That ought to be a pretty big PAR-TAY.... it will be Stampin' Up!'s 20th anniversary and if THAT wasn't big ENOUGH, they are going back to a SINGLE SESSION for Convention next year which means probably over 5000 crazy, jazzed STAMPING WOMEN taking over downtown Salt Lake City for 4 days!!!! Should be interesting!

Later we have plans to make a run over to Costco. Russ' new glasses are ready to pick up and I need to hit Petco which is nearby for their HUGE 3 day sale on cat food. Grab a little lunch then come home and do more laundry! The weather is STUNNING, so I picked up some steaks last night to BBQ tonight. Tomorrow we are going down to San Jose (yes, Judy - where the earthquake was this week) to see Russ' family (including the little munchkins who turn 6 months in about 2 weeks). Then on Sunday the whole packing cycle begins again. At least I get an extra hour of sleep Saturday night.... don't forget to set your clocks back!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

What about your trip to DENVER to see your SPAMILY!? What about OUR needs, huh????? *sob*

MAMA, MOCHA and JOSIE said...

NO WASHINGTON DC????
What "will" we talk about later in the spring then? ROFLOL -- SSSSSHHHH!! Don't worry, I'll keep you "well" informed!! I promise. Me, on the other hand do get stressed this time of year, however if you play CHRISTMAS MUSIC LIKE I DO and have for the past two weeks - - - it eases the stress!! HA HA!!