Monday, November 05, 2007

When I'm BAD, I'm REALLY BAD!!!!

OK - so one of my errands today was to go to Target and get the cute little step stool that was on sale in their ad this weekend. It's for Taz to help her get up onto our bed; it matches my Pergo flooring and looks a whole lot better than the Sterlite storage bucket at the foot of the bed now. Well, while I was there, I thought I'd go check out the Christmas decorations.... BAD IDEA.....

Russ - stop reading NOW.......

Seriously.......


So I go wandering through Target Christmas Land and see THREE FULL AISLES of Halloween candy marked SEVENTY-FIVE PERCENT OFF!!!!!! That's 57¢ a bag.... Let's just say my super-secret-candy-stash is FULL. Bad Lisa.... bad, bad Lisa.....

So since I had a LOT of chocolate in the car, I skipped my second errand which was to look at microwave ovens at Best Buy.... didn't want my treasure to melt... it was 75 and sunny out! LOL!

So I guess I get to go back out this afternoon and look at the microwave. We have one over our stove that is starting to show some signs of not being long for this world. It was here when we bought the house and according to the label is about 9 years old. Also, the former residents took the probe with them when they moved, so I've never been able to use the sensor cook feature which I have missed on a few occasions. So I told Russ I want a new microwave for Christmas.

After checking Consumer Reports and then reading a bunch of actual consumers' reviews online I know which one I want (he's lucky I read all the consumer reviews... the one I wanted was $700 and well rated by the testing at CR, but real people rated it VERY BADLY) and the one that scored well with both CR and real people is only $300. YAY! So I just saved him $200 (Yes, I know it's a $400 difference, I have points at Sears that I was gonna cash in for $200 off the Kenmore $700 model, but they don't carry the one we will end up getting.... oh well, I get to keep accumulating my Sears points!). Ain't he lucky to have me???? LOL!

So now I'm off to Best Buy and Fry's (who also carries the microwave brand I'm looking for) to see what their install and delivery prices are.... Catch ya later, peeps!

1 comment:

MAMA, MOCHA and JOSIE said...

Oh, I was hoping the new footstool would be for me....:( How sweet to get that to make it easier on Taz to get on the bed. We did that for Mocha as a pup (but now he can fly up there) and we did it for Snick to when he started to hurt.

Did you get my email?
Did you read my blog?
Can you tell the energy I have?
Can you feel the vibes from all this energy?
Need something done - I can do it!!

LOL