Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Bad e-mail and bad back do not a happy day make!

I have been around and around and around with Tech Support from Comcast and my virus software. Comcast is blaming my virus software for my inability to download my e-mail. They say that I must set the firewall to let Outlook have Internet access to certain ports... blah blah blah.... WELL, it already IS set that way and if Outlook was being firewalled, one would think it would prevent me from getting my other servers' email, but I get those JUST FINE. So after yet another day of getting nowhere with these yahoos, I decided to go around them. I set up a new gmail account that mines my e-mail from Comcast and conveniently delivers it to me via Outlook. With no problems. Imagine that. LOSERS!

To make my day even more entertaining, I totally tweaked something in my back. Not sure if it was putting the water bottle on the dispenser, hauling the water bottles in from the car or hauling the new, full, propane tank around, but OW! So now my fat butt is spending some extra time in the computer chair and I am not getting up as often as I normally do. Ouch.....

I think I have my SU! order figured out. I have all day tomorrow to tweak it before I have to place it at 11AM on Thursday. I also printed out the Convention map and my confirmation letter today. Our Convention packets with our bag vouchers and name badges have been mailed, but mine hasn't arrived yet. SIGH.

No comments: