Sunday, August 09, 2009

On my way home

By the time this posts, the dust will have settled over Salt Lake City.  Convention will be over.  I’m sure I will have lots of FABULOUS photos to share later on this week, but today I am going to show you a little gift I made for James.  James is Angie’s husband and the man who makes Stampin Addicts run.  What started out as a site where our group could chat and share photos has turned into a pretty big deal in just a few months!  So I decided that with all the gifts and swapping frenzy going on around him at Convention, James needed something of his own. 

Can for James

This is an altered Illi coffee can.  My sister in law drinks the coffee and saves the cans for me.  They are AWESOME to alter because they are perfectly straight and they are mostly just silver.  The DSP used was from Cottage Wall and the new Level 1 Hostess Prints Pack (Basic Gray).  The stickers are Mrs. Grossman and the white brads are from who-knows-where.  The lid is accented with Night of Navy and Old Olive 1/4” Grosgrain ribbon and inside the tin is a bag of Skittles (think candy dish at work size bag, not a “single” size).  It’s simple, but I hope he likes it!

No comments: