Well, today is the final day of Convention. We have a keynote speaker in the morning and then after lunch we will have a closing General Session. Last year they drove a UPS TRUCK out during the closing Session
and gave us ALL the Ronald McDonald House Charities stamp set. In case you don’t know, Stampin’ Up! is a BIG supporter of RMHC and we have a stamp set each year that $2 from every set sold goes to RMHC. This year’s set is called “Very Thankful” and can be found inside the back cover of the current Idea Book and Catalog
The last swap I have to show you is the one I did for my friend Janice’s Single Layer Card swap. Sounds easy, but doing a card with out “bulk” is REALLY HARD! Especially when you turn it into a project like I managed to…..
This baby has more steps than I anticipated when I signed up, that’s for sure! The card itself is Shimmery White. Yes, it is my favorite neutral card stock. Yes, I’m a total addict. The Real Red is sponged on using a reverse mask, with the rectangle area masked over. Then I used the reverse mask from the rectangle to stamp the sentiment from Heard From The Heart in Night of Navy and sponge the green, which I *THINK* is Garden Green. The holes were punched in the front of the card, and the centers were marked on the inside for snowflake placement, then they were backed with packing tape and glittered with Dazzling Diamonds (Glitter Window Technique). The snowflakes are stamped inside the card using Night of Navy and my trust Stamp A Majig. Silver brads at the ends of the sentiment added a “low-profile) embellishment.
Soon, Convention will be OVER, but those of us who went will be riding the high from the excitement for WEEKS to come! And the countdown will soon begin for Convention 2010, I’m sure!
Stay tuned later this week and month for photos from Convention and pictures of some of the swaps I’ll be bringing home!


No comments:
Post a Comment