Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Convention Swaps – Day One

If Blogger posts these when it’s supposed to, while you are reading this, I should be at Convention!  Well, at least there, starting the party with my online friends!  Tuesday night the group of Stampin Addict Sisters will get together for dinner and swapping.  I am signed up for 4 swaps at our dinner.  The “Secret Sister Convention Survival Tin”; the “Big Shot Card Front”; the “New Stamp Set” and the “All About Me Scrapbook Page” swap. 

So here is the first swap that I completed. 

AAM Page Final

I am NOT a scrapbooker.  What possessed me to join a scrapbook page swap?  A condition we lovingly call “FOMS” or “Fear Of Missing Something”.  All but a couple of the gals in our group signed up for this swap, including several who are NOT going to Convention.  I couldn’t imagine NOT having this fabulous book filled with pages about my friends!  Yeah, I suffer FOMS pretty badly. 

The page is 8 1/2” square.  The base is Elegant Eggplant and the accent colors are Pink Pirouette (yes, we were “allowed” to use retired stuff on these!), Very Vanilla and Certainly Celery.  There is NO STAMPING on them.  All the text was done on the computer and printed on Very Vanilla card stock.  The little wine glass is actually a photo I took, printed and cut out.  The journaling box is “19 Random Facts About Me” and there is a second “page” of journaling that is behind my photo that has more factual details about me (since the theme *is* “All About Me”). The leaves on my “little flowers” are made with the 5 petal flower punch.  Each one is 2 petals that were run thru the crimper.  Add a little Stylized Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware and some Organza ribbon and there you have it!

No comments: