Thursday, January 31, 2008

Did a little stamping


Julee is having a sketch challenge over at Verve Visual which was just the excuse I needed to get in and STAMP SOMETHING today! Plus the fact that I just got this pretty paper yesterday and wanted to do something with it!



The printed paper is one of the "stack" pads from DCWV - this one is the Old World Stack which uses textured cardstock. The regular cardstock is Stampin' Up! Groovy Guava and Very Vanilla. The "tabs" were punched with the Word Window Punch. The black brads are from an assortment by Making Memories and I used my piercing tool and my distressing tool from the Crafters Tool Kit and the Cutter Kit (respectively) - both from Stampin' Up!. The center image is from One Of A kind and the sentiment is from Blossoms Abound, both available in the current Stampin' Up! catalog and both stamped in Chocolate Chip Craft Ink. I colored the flower in using a blender pen and my Groovy Guava reinker and then added Stickles over that. To give the top panel a little dimension, I used Pop Up Glue Dots. I'm kinda pleased with how it turned out!

4 comments:

Lila H said...

I see Stickles!!! I love Stickles!!! and this new stamp (from SU right?) love it. Great interpretation.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just beautiful! Love the sparkle, sparkle! :)

Bethany Paull said...

Great colors. Nice job!

MAMA, MOCHA and JOSIE said...

Very nice. What are Stickles?