NOTE: The links to the VSN info over on Splitcoast will only work if you have a user ID there and are logged in, SORRY!
So, this weekend was VSN (Virtual Stamp Night) over on Splitcoast. Of the 18 challenges, I did 9. And I'll upload the photos later, they are on the OTHER computer. So if you are reading this and there are no photos, check back later!
There were 6 Challenges on Friday and I did 3 of those. The first two and the 4th one.
First was "Circle of Friendship" which was to make a friend card using a circle pattern. It was not my favorite of my VSN submissions and is probably the card I will re-make for the bonus After VSN challenge. The cardstock is Ballet Blue, Bashful blue and Brushed Silver. The stamps are Sanded Background, a set from CTMH and I don't remember what set the flower came from! The bling flowers are CTMH asnd the silk flower is from Michael's (Floral dept) with a Circle Fire Pumpkin brad in the center. The ribbon is the new striped Grosgrain in Bashful Blue.
There were 6 Challenges on Friday and I did 3 of those. The first two and the 4th one.
First was "Circle of Friendship" which was to make a friend card using a circle pattern. It was not my favorite of my VSN submissions and is probably the card I will re-make for the bonus After VSN challenge. The cardstock is Ballet Blue, Bashful blue and Brushed Silver. The stamps are Sanded Background, a set from CTMH and I don't remember what set the flower came from! The bling flowers are CTMH asnd the silk flower is from Michael's (Floral dept) with a Circle Fire Pumpkin brad in the center. The ribbon is the new striped Grosgrain in Bashful Blue.
The second challenge was called "Chocolate Shoes". We were to use a photo of some chocolate shoes as our inspiration. The stamps used are all from the CTMH set "Let's Shop". The Cardstock is Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White. Inks are Choc Chip, Pretty In Pink and Rose Red. There are stickles on the shoe and her ponytail band and metallic gel pen for her necklace. The spiral clips are from the Antique Copper Hodge Podge Hardware and the ribbons are Pink 1/4" grosgrain and Chocolate Chip Taffetta.
The third challenge I did on Friday was "V-Neck, Baby!" which was to make a criss-cross card. I really enjoy making these and need to do them more often. It's like an envelope without the flap. The cardstock is Chocolate Chip and Whisper white. The pink used is the new Berry Bliss DSP. That yummy ribbon is the Chocolate Chip Satin from the Holiday mini which can still be found in the Ribbon Originals Theater collection. The scallop punches used are Marvy and the stamps are from the new One Of A Kind set from the new Spring Summer Catalog.
That's all for now. I need to save some for tomorrow, right?
OH! In other news.... WE HAVE A FENCE AGAIN!!!!! The neighbors were out putting up their side fence yesterday and had picked up the one section of ours that fell into their yard, so I sent Russ out to see if they would do our section too while they were at it. $50 cash later, we have new posts and our sections are back up. YAY!
Unfortunately, it seems they were prompted to fix the fence because they apparently added a dog to the household yesterday. It is a German Shepherd and so far it has barked and cried almost non stop since they TIED HIM UP ON THE SIDE OF THE HOUSE LAST NIGHT. Grrrrrr.... Yes, these are the same neighbors that had the chihuahua mix dog tied to their BBQ 2 summers ago. Grrrrrrr.... Poor dog has a section of fence leaned up against the house as a shelter. I don't think it is used to being kept outside because when I was looking at it over the fence, it started to rain lightly and the dog freaked out trying to figure out where the water was coming from. Poor thing. I hope the dog is visiting or they start treating it better or I will be on the phone to SPCA...... sigh.....


1 comment:
OH MAN - - are those two cards for me?? Those are the coolest creations I've ever seen!! I have to go back and read when it is - - I'm always logged in girl - -sheesh....however, I need to get my rear out of TV LAND and over there!! LOL!!
I LOVE THEM BOTH!! BRAVO!!!
Post a Comment