Sunday, February 03, 2008

Swaps are DONE!

I was feeling a lack of stamping desire back in January, so I decided to FORCE myself to stamp by joining two swaps. I was actually invited to join another, but it was a monthly commitment and while I really enjoy the work this particular group of ladies does, I know there are some months when I just could not dedicate the kind of time that caliber of work required. So, I joined a couple of ATC (Artist Trading Card) swaps. They are small, quick and easy to do plus they usually swap in batches of 10 as that's how many you can make from one sheet of cardstock. All supplies used are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Cathy Bartlett's February swap theme was "In the Pink", meaning we were to use only shades of pink/red (plus white if we wanted). I had such fun doing the card from Julee's sketch challenge the other day that I decided to try and scale it down to an ATC. I was rather pleased with the outcome! The colors are Purely Pomegranate and Pretty In Pink, and I used the Berry Bliss paper. I just LOVE Clear Rhinestone brads (available in the Prettied Kit) and used them on BOTH swaps, along with silver brads. This one also used my 1" circle and Word Window punches. Stamps used are from Boho Backgrounds and Enjoy Every Moment.




Julie Reynolds' February swap theme was "My Favorite New Accessory". I couldn't choose between the new Boho Blossoms punch and the new Striped Grosgrain ribbon, so I used them both! The colors are Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi, Regal Rose and Rose Red. The stamps are Boho Backgrounds, One of a Kind and Baroque Motifs. Again, I used silver and Clear Rhinestone brads and the ribbon color is the Wild Wasabi.


So, stamping done, I am now ready to eat myself into a junk-food-induced coma and watch the Super Bowl!

2 comments:

MAMA, MOCHA and JOSIE said...

LOVE THEM BOTH - my fave is the bottom one!! Great job!!

Lila H said...

Great idea using Julee's sketch in a scaled down version for ATC!!! brilliant - and looks great