Tuesday, April 24, 2007

It was a good day......

Russ got the job. He starts tomorrow in their Folsom office and then will be reporting to the jobsite at Travis AFB in Fairfield. I think this is the third job he has been on at Travis. It's about a 45-60 minute drive each way, but not a ton of traffic except in spots (like around UC Davis).

The glass guy was able to fix the chunk in my windshield and it looks pretty darned good!

I placed a Stampin' Up! order this afternoon and had a tracking number in about FIVE HOURS! Wow... can we say FAST SHIPPING?????? Jeez. So I will have samples of the new double sided designer papers coming out in the 2007 Fall Winter Catalog on Thursday or Friday evening. WOO HOO!

I got another big pot for the back yard yesterday to put my carnation plant and herbs in. Today I got everything planted in there. I have a medium pink (think Regal Rose, you SU stampers) mini carnation in the center and then I planted a sage and thyme plant that I got today and a bunch of seedlings I started indoors about a month ago (Basil, Garlic Chives and curled Parsley) along the edge around the carnation. It looks nice.

We are having typical mid-Spring weather... in the low to mid 80's. They say we might get close to 90 this weekend. A little too warm too soon for my taste, but I think it happens every year.... sigh..... My roses are blooming like I have never seen them bloom. I'm talking DOZENS and DOZENS of flowers on the bushes out front and from the 3 I planted just last year, I have 8 to 12 flowers on each one and one of them has the LARGEST blooms I have ever seen. I keep meaning to try and get some photos. I think it's the Princess Diana rose... I need to check its tag. I'm not kidding... they are the size of teacups!

So, it was a pretty good day!

No comments: