Here are a few more cards I've done in the past month or so. The first is a swap card I did in a swap where the theme was to use Kraft cardstock.
The base is Kraft cardstock that is stamped about 2/3 with the Bella Toile background in Versamark and clear embossed. The sentiment is from "Heard From The Heart" and the image (stamped on Blush Blossom and matted on Riding Hood Red) is one of my favorite sets ever, "Heartfelt Thanks". LOVE. THAT. FLOWER. The Ticket Corner Punch, 4 gold brads, 5/8" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain and Riding Hood Red Taffeta round out the supplies.
This card/gift card holder was for my friend, Leslie, for her birthday. There have been so many cute folded over Top Note cards out in cyberland lately that I thought I would do one.
The card itself is Pink Pirouette (I think this may be my favorite SU color EVER). Next is a layer of Creamy Caramel. The Top Note Die was used on a piece of Chocolate Chip and a piece of patterned paper from the Two Scoops collection by Basic Grey. When I folded it over, I thought it looked like a little purse, so I sponged the edges to accent that look and added the Kraft Taffeta with the antique copper buckle from the retired Hodgepodge Hardware. Toss on a glitzy Prima flower and put a rhinestone in the center for a little extra BLING!
The cake and the sentiment are from the "Fun and Fast Notes" set that we got at convention a couple years ago. The cake is punched out with the Stampin Up scallop circle punch and is layered onto a scallop circle punched with the EK Success 2" scallop circle which is a PERFECT mat. It is attached to a spiral clip, also from the antique copper Hodgepodge, which is clipped to the gift card. Cute, huh?
Last one for today is a card I cranked out REALLY FAST yesterday for my brother-in-law, Keith whose birthday is tomorrow. I wanted something cheery, but not girly.
Since I had some of the cupcakes from "Crazy About Cupcakes" already stamped up from a card I did over the weekend, I started with that. Pulled the DSP from the Washington Apple pack and mounted it on a Bashful Blue card. The cupcake was colored with a mix of markers, mostly Stampin Up, but the frosting is Close To My Heart's "brown bag" marker. The sentiment is stamped in Chocolate chip directly onto the So Saffron mat and then layered on a piece of Pumpkin Pie. If the post office wasn't so snarky lately about cards with brads and ribbon, I would have added some Riding Hood Red taffeta to this to tie in the last color from the DSP, but OH WELL.
Tomorrow I will post the one card I did during last weekend's VSN over on Splitcoast. NO STAMPING on it AT ALL, but it came out nicely. I should be able to post my Swappers Anon swap cards pretty soon too. I'm hoping my return cards will be in my mailbox tomorrow!


2 comments:
Now, which one do you think I like the best (their all great) but you know me and CUPCAKES!! LOL Nice job girl !!
Now, which one do you think I like the best (their all great) but you know me and CUPCAKES!! LOL Nice job girl !!
Post a Comment