Sunday, December 02, 2007

Everyone around me has had it.....

And the first cold of the season finally caught up with me! Oh well. Maybe I'll actually get some stamping done since the idea of actually getting out of sweats and putting on real clothes and shoes and leaving the house is just totally unappealing. Bubble bath, pot of tea and magazines. Now that's more like it. Sweats, space heater, stamp room. Perfect! Unfortunately, I didn't get the last string of lights up on Friday and now it's too cold and windy (especially when I'm not feeling great to start with) to put it up, so the 3rd section probably isn't getting done. Oh well. When the wind dies down, I'll hang the snowflakes and take a photo and post it. Hopefully we'll have a nice day later this week...

My goal is to get one of my projects done today and get them packaged up and mailed tomorrow. Yeah. We'll see how THAT goes.... I NEED to get Christmas cards done too otherwise it's gonna be a Hallmark Holiday.... bleh.

The Stampin' Up!® retired list was posted yesterday. Other than the six hostess sets I accumulated (which retire forever with each catalog now), I only had six sets retire and one of them I got at Regionals last year, so only five technically. The dormant list gets posted on Wednesday. We'll see if any of what I have left goes dormant. They only retired 2 sets from the last dormant list, the others carried over to the new catalog (or stayed dormant, I suppose). Of course one was a set I wanted, but my dear sweet friend Janice (aka Mama of THE HERD) is sending me hers.... YAY! I transferred my retiring sets to the other shelf today. I have WAY TOO MANY retired sets.... me thinks I need to list some stuff on ebay after the new year.... I only have 3 sets from the last retirement that have been taken off that other shelf and used in the last 6 months. Putting them over there helps me see what I really need to keep and what can go.... and I have a LOT that can go.... (Sorry Russ.... You probably shoulda stopped reading at the beginning of this paragraph....). Hoping to hold out on ordering TOO MUCH from the new catalog until February 1 when Sale-A-Bration starts. Mmmmm..... earning free stamps.... It's a good thing! I already have a list of cardstock colors I am running dangerously low on, so I KNOW I *will* place an order in January, but I'm hoping to keep it small.... yeah. We'll see how that goes.... LOL!

This summer when the current catalog came out, they shipped first to demonstrators who had ordered more than one box and I ended up getting a catalog from another demonstrator in town to mail to one of my customers. With catalogs shipping out at Christmas (they are aiming for 12/28 delivery), I decided to piggyback my order with another demo in the area who ordered 18 boxes last time so if they do the same thing and ship hers a day ahead of mine, I'll get them a day sooner. Those of you reading who get catalogs from me should expect that they will get mailed around the 31st. Trust me, you'll KNOW when I have them.... LOL!

Well, I'm off to make a bowl of soup and then head for the stamp room!

4 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, sweats, tea and a space heater! Too bad you're sick or it would be close to heaven! LOL. :) Get better!

MAMA, MOCHA and JOSIE said...

I'm sorry to hear this.
However, I dress that way everyday of the week during the winter. Sick or not. I'm just so fashionable in my own home!! LOL
Hope you get better soon.

MAMA, MOCHA and JOSIE said...

PS -- loved the tea you sent and yes if you have "EXTRAS" i would love some. THANK YOU!!

MAMA, MOCHA and JOSIE said...

Are you feeling better today??