Monday, October 09, 2006

Yes, it's been a million hours since I last blogged....

I admit it. I am NOT a blog addict like SOMEONE I KNOW.....

In case you missed the e-mail, here is the link to the Oregon Photos.... password is PHOTOS (ooooo.... so original!!!!!)

I drove almost 1500 miles this weekend and was SOOOOOO tired when I got home last night! It was about 10PM. It was also garbage night, which meant scooping the litter boxes.... my FAVORITE CHORE.... So I go into the stamp room where the boxes are and the SMELL HIT ME..... The little darling peed OUTSIDE OF THE BOX. I'm hoping it was because she was mad at me for being gone. The alternative reason would be that she is starting to have kidney problems (she has Feline Diabetes) which would mean I would have to put her down as I refuse to keep her locked in the bathroom all the time and with the probability of putting the house on the market in the spring, I just can't take the chance of her peeing on the carpets. I know that sounds HORRIBLE, but the alternative is locking her in the kitchen or (more likely) the bathroom whenever I can't be watching her closely (pretty much ALL DAY, EVERY DAY) and that would make her MISERABLE and give her a really crappy quality of life and I refuse to do that to her.

So at 10:30 last night I was outside hosing off the mat I have under the litterboxes (which paid for itself last night saving my Pergo floor!). I wracked my brain for hours when I was getting the floor done in there since they (OK, probably not THEY, probably just Aspen because she had kidney problems that I didn't realize until it was too late to save her AND my living room carpet) had RUINED the carpet under the boxes, even thru the linoleum I had on plywood under them. I decided I needed something waterproof with a lip. Finally googled the right combo of words that brought up a familiar site.... Subaru.com..... I ALREADY HAD THE PERFECT MAT! It is the cargo liner for the back of my Forester!!!! I went to Subaru and got one in beige to match the floor. After this weekend, I can now honestly say it was worth every penny of that $60!


ANYWAY.... the trip was GREAT, but the drive was TOO LONG! I am getting too old for 10 hour driving marathons! UGH! I have also decided, after this trip, that come Spring either this year or next, I will take 4 days and do (just) the coast drive again and see some of the stuff I missed or could only see at night when it was closed.

I'll save one of the trip highlights for tomorrow's blog!

3 comments:

COME STAMP WITH JUDY !! said...

First off if you're going to talk about "me" - please refer to me by my first name!! ROFLOL

HOW COOL is that mat?? I'm sorry though to hear about TAZ - and I understand this is hard and trying to decide what to do. I hope she was just mad that you were gone. I know I pee'd a lot over the weekend from not hearing from you either - -HA HA HA HA HA - OMG, my tummy hurts from that one!!

Wednesday is my last Physical Therapy day- - anything you would like me to tell Nate? LOL, But I'm still going to go and use it as a GYM - I pressed 85 freakin pounds today with my back!!

Lisa said...

I have a truly scary mental image stuck in my head now of you peeing on the carpet at your house...... I ought to have DELIGHTFUL nightmares now...... THANKS!!!! ROFL!!!

COME STAMP WITH JUDY !! said...

You Welcome!! It's your fault because you make me laugh. And I thought afterwards, I shouldn't have made that joke regarding Taz and pee'ing...it just came out and then when it did - I was laughing so hard. I was referring to the withdrawals I personally have when you're away from the puter.LOL
NOTE TO SELF: discuss with Eric today!! HA HA!!