Monday, October 09, 2006

Something REALLY COOL I found this weekend.....

We hit the coast near Lincoln City, Oregon. They have a program called "Finders Keepers" where they place these GORGEOUS hand made glass floats along the shore. They started doing it to increase tourism in the off season. Here is a link. We stopped at the studio that makes the floats. For $65 you can "make your own". We watched a couple people doing theirs. Basically, you pick the colors and do the turning while the artist does the heating and the blowing, but still very cool. Unfortunately, we were on a time constraint, and you have to pick them up the next day or pay an extra fee for shipping and it was just too much. Across the street from the studio is the store where the glass artists sell their stuff.... OMG.... I coulda mortgaged the HOUSE for all the stuff I wanted!!!!! I found a float that was ALMOST exactly the colors I would have used if I had done one (I would not have used the yellow). Buying it in the shop it was $45.

Then I saw it...... My heart skipped a beat..... I had NO
CLUE what I would do with it, or where I would put it, but I knew I HAD TO HAVE THIS BOWL!!!!! At the end of this post is a picture. They are both on top of my entertainment center (yes, that is dust on top of my speaker. Sue me.). The float is on a PartyLite aroma scent candle stand which is a beach theme (see the little shells?), so I thought it was PERFECT!!!! The bowl looks REALLY COOL with a little tealight candle (in a small glass cup) in it!!!!!!

1 comment:

COME STAMP WITH JUDY !! said...

BEAUTIFUL - -very nice. And I was reading your blog and it was so intense I wanted to scroll down first, but I actually waited til I was done reading - hows about that?? LOL Very nice!!