Thursday, October 12, 2006

It looks like a NEW HOUSE!


The last two days we have been having the house painted (FINALLY!). Above is what it looked like when they started tarping everything. Russ wanted to do grey again. I like a nice blue-grey or a light silver grey, but the house next door is blue-grey and the one directly behind us is silver grey. Besides, of 16 houses on our court, HALF are grey! BLEH! ENOUGH!!!!!

Here is what my front porch looks like now (they are ALMOST done):


There is one other house on the court that is a light color like this and one around the block, but at least it isn't GREY!!!! Since we will probably put the house on the market in May, I wanted something that would look neutral and clean. One of the painters said it made the house look bigger.... BONUS!

Even my gigantic peppermint-scented geranium seems happy about the whole thing. (see it growing behind the column? Yeah. A GERANIUM. This stupid plant is about 7 years old and was never bigger than a basketball until about 2 years ago when it started growing like crazy.) I was afraid we would have to chop it to move the lattice that it has taken over and grown into, but we only lost a few little branches (YAY!). It is one of two plants I'm going to be REALLY SAD to leave here when we move. The other is the big fern behind the screen door. Still trying to figure out how I can move that one.... The geranium will have cuttings started soon so at least I can take its children with me!

State law prohibits bringing in plants other than house plants in potting mix. The fern IS in potting mix, not earth soil and it TOUCHES the house, the only question is if we can PHYSICALLY move the pot.... It weighs a TON and the movers will NOT take plants of any kind, so it would have to load into one of our cars..... What FUN! It's the other plant that I have had for 5 or 6 years that never did anything, but just started growing like gangbusters the past couple years.

2 comments:

COME STAMP WITH JUDY !! said...

Even my gigantic peppermint-scented geranium seems happy about the whole thing.

I never heard of such a thing - - does it really smell like peppermint?? I'm a huge Geranium lover - normally have them out front and out back in pots - just didn't do plants this year due to surgery - can you send me a start?? Sheesh, all we have here is RED, WHITE and PINK geraniums!! LOL

YES - I LOVE YOUR NEW COLOR of HOUSE and YES - it does make it look bigger - -big plus!!

Lisa said...

I have a white one that I brought home from my Dad's and then I have one that has white and pink striped flowers, and then the mint one which very rarely produces little tiny white flowers, but has REALLY fuzzy leaves.