Saturday, October 03, 2009

The personal side of life…..

Besides Dixie’s Christmas Swap, September was a busy month.  The 10th – 12th I was down in San Diego.  I spent most of the day on the 11th at the San Diego Zoo.  It was pretty warm and definitely humid that day.  I did not see everything as I was pretty tired plus I did something DUMB and forgot my spare memory card for my camera, so I ran out of “film”.  There was a line to go into the Panda Exhibit.  I didn’t wait.  I was out of photos by then and I’ve seen the new baby panda on their Panda Cam, so I know the little guy never comes out of the den anyway.  I did, however, see Lions

LionessWM

and Tigers

TigerWM

and…. Llamas?  The bear wouldn’t come out of his den!

Llama1wm

My favorite critters on this trip were the meerkats:

Meerkat1wm   Meerkat2wm

Of course, no trip with my camera would be complete without some flower photos!

Flower1wm

Flower2wm

Tomorrow I will post about my other trip in September!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Awww, thanks for the llama pic, Lisa!

Dixie Finn said...

Great pictures, truly a super photographer.

RubberRedneck said...

Lisa looks like you had a great time! Love the tiger pictures :)

Kim said...

OMG - I loooove that little fat meerkat sitting on his patootie. Would make an excellent avatar!