...and today I will be doing more. Last week I went to help Megan (almost 15) make a card for her cousin's upcoming wedding. She had seen this card in an issue of Paper Crafts magazine:
The dress is a Jolee's Boutique 3D sticker set (but it only comes with THREE of the little bows that they used on the corners!). Machine stitching on cardstock is not my favorite embellishment, so I gave Megan the choice of doing faux stitching (paper piercing with white gel pen "stitches" or using the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder. We used the Cuttlebug. The bride's colors are sage and brown, so we used Stampin' Up Soft Sage for the embossed mat and some CTMH scrapbooking paper that was from their wedding kit a couple years ago. I thought it went well. We used white half pearls from the Stampin' Up Pretties kit to accent the corners. The white is CTMH Textured cardstock to give it a little more elegance. Here is the finished card:
We used a vellum quote on the inside and put little flat back rhinestones on the corners. Very pretty.
Megan's birthday party is coming up at the end of May and she wants to make invites, so I will be stamping a couple of samples for her to see what she would like to do. Then I'll cut all the supplies and head over there one Thursday after school in the next couple weeks and we will put those together. I'll post the samples after I get them done!
In Convention news.... I decided to host an ATC swap at convention. All 5 groups filled up in less than a week. I also joined two swaps. One is a "Stamp Camp Projects" swap - I'm doing 20 mini cork boards with altered push pins for that. The other is a "WOW Cards" swap and I'm doing 20 double pocket cards for that one. Plus doing general swaps for Convention. Looks like I'm going to be a busy stamper!
Cherie is coming down to Sacramento this week. Friday night Russ and I will have dinner with her and Jeff. I'm going to take her to IKEA on Friday - she's never been! I don't know what else she wants to do while she's here. I guess we'll figure that out later in the week!
The bruising on my foot is almost gone, but my toe has been bugging me a bit the past few days. Probably healing. All I know is that I need to get back to the gym pretty soon. I'm starting to feel flabby already!


1 comment:
TAKE MY BREATH AWAY -- that is THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CARD EVER!
IKEA??? without me??? LOL
Hosting a swap - it's about time girl -you'd be good at that. Just no complaining later on 5 days left and you haven't started yet!!
THAT CARD IS GORGEOUS!!
PS - can I get a corkboard thingy??? You know I have to have one of everything you stamp because you're the best stamper in the world!!!!
Post a Comment