but I can't post it here. I am in a monthly ATC (artist trading card) swap over on Splitcoast. I signed up for 5 months. The next one I am in is October since I am not insane enough to sign up for swaps during "Convention Swap Prep Season" which now can officially start! The ATC I did for April is the same design I am using for the focal image on one of my Convention Swaps (top secret stuff, ya know!), plus it is the same design I used for a card that I sent my Secret Sis. Don't know if she reads my blog, but why chance it?
It has been a computer-challenging time lately. I had to recondition a laptop and get it shipped out at the beginning of the week and then help the recipient get it set up when she got it. Now Russ is having computer issues. The same sort of things that my old machine was doing when it started its death spiral, so yesterday we backed up his files and looked at new computers on the Dell website. Now he has to decide if he wants to upgrade to Vista (then we can buy a computer anywhere) or if he really wants to stay on XP for a while, in which case Dell is our only option. Either way, I see "tech-support-duties" in my future....
As Spring has sprung here in Northern California, I have also been spending time getting the yard up to par. I still have some plants that need re-potting, but I've got everything pruned and pulled out most of the dead stuff and got the 2 foot tall weeds pulled from the side fence area. Got the lawn fertilized and have applied the first spraying of Roundup to the fence lines and driveway. Got the patio furniture back out of the garage. After all that I decided to enjoy it one evening.
Yes, that's me and my VERY WHITE LEGS on Russ' patio chair enjoying a little fire and a glass of Shiraz. We've been BBQ-ing a lot more lately too. Mmmmm.... Yesterday I got a new table to replace the one you see in the photo. That one is just too tall for our chairs (mine matches Russ' except for the cushions). The new one is a cute little Adirondak table from Cost Plus Imports and it's a darker brown and about half the height of the old one.So, that's been my excitement the past couple of weeks. A dear friend of mine is having surgery today in Idaho, so if you are the spiritual type, a quick prayer for successful surgery today and a speedy recovery would be greatly appreciated!


No comments:
Post a Comment