I've been stamping, really. I just forget to post it. Heck, half the time I forget to scan the cards before I put them in the mail.... something to do with stamping them at the LAST FREAKIN MINUTE, I guess....
So, here's a card I made for my friend, Kristi. Funny story - I had mailed Kristi a stamp set a bit before her birthday and decided to put a birthday card in with it to save postage and all. And then I forgot that I had sent her a birthday card. So it got to a couple days before her birthday and I freaked out, thinking I had forgotten to send a card, and I did this one. This is one of those cards I forgot to take a picture of before I mailed it, so thanks to Kristi for scanning and posting in our Spam Ma'ams group album!

I had received an order in the mail from PennyWiseArts, and they always include a little freebie project and this one was a beaded slide mount, so I decided to use it for K's card! I love the sticky tape from Penny Wise and they have a great selection of sizes! And the best pricing around on both the sticky tape and the micro beads!
The yellow patterned paper is from Basic Grey's Two Scoops collection and the stamps are from the Hero Arts Cupcake set. The little rhinestones are from my stash of Swarovski Flat Back Crystals (no cheap imitations for my cards! LOL!) - the small ones are 3mm and the larger center ones are 4 or 5mm. The card is Pretty In Pink with either Purely Pomegranate or Rose Red (I forget now!) for the mats and the front of the card was embossed using the new Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing folder. LOVE. THAT. FOLDER. One of the nicest things about it is that (if you have these folders you know that the design isn't big enough to actually cover a card front) this one is easy to line up and add a row of dots to finish the design. You can also just emboss a single line of dots, which is really cool. My friend, Julee did that on one of her blog cards this week..... neat, huh?
I need to do some stamping and start using up my stash of In Color stuff since it all retires at the beginning of August with the NEW CATALOG! Oh man, I can not WAIT for Convention!!!! Twenty weeks from Wednesday, for anyone counting.... That was the one thing I missed coming over to SU! from CTMH, was that they didn't release their new catalog at Convention. It was always SO EXCITING to get the catalog with a convention center full of excited women all seeing it for the first time TOGETHER! Now, the last time that happened with CTMH was when I went to Convention in Dallas which I think was the year they went to the clear stamps.... I think we had about 1400 consultants at Convention that year. I just remember running out into the hallway and calling Judy on the phone and going thru it page by page with her! LOL!
Stampin' Up is celebrating their 20th Anniversary this year and they are doing just ONE session of Convention in the NEWLY EXPANDED Salt Palace which says it can accommodate Conventions of up to TEN THOUSAND PEOPLE..... I just can't even get my brain wrapped around the idea of TEN THOUSAND demonstrators all getting the NEW CATALOG at the SAME TIME! (Note to self - bring extra earplugs!)
Well, this entry got a lot longer than I had planned! Off to read my Sunday paper! Have a great day!


1 comment:
pretty card.....and yes I remember going through each page with you as well. EARPLUGS? I have "two new pairs" -and yes their out of reach of GOAT DOG!! LOL
Post a Comment