Saturday, February 03, 2007

Just when I think I have it all figured out.....

WHAM-O!

Are ya ready for THIS??????

So, this is a weekend Russ is coming home. He calls me at 5PM yesterday to tell me he is on his way to the airport and there are "BIG CHANGES" coming. OK... this is my VSN TIME. This has been on our calendar since December. He KNEW that I was OFF LIMITS from 4-8 yesterday and from 11-8 today. Did that stop him from turning my world upside down???? NOOOO......

He is coming back down off Mt Rainier. For good. We are NOT moving to Washington. *HE IS BEING SENT TO GUAM*. Yes, Guam. As in "bugs as big as my big toe" island, GUAM. We are still waiting for all the details, but now it sounds like he will be gone 3-4 weeks at a time with a week home in between and probably 3 trips. After that, it looks like he might get put on their next job up in Yosemite, which means he will be gone Monday thru Friday and home on weekends. (So he thinks... if I have a FREE LODGING at YOSEMITE, I'll be there a WHOLE LOT!)

So, that's my little world in an upside-down nutshell. Needless to say, my VSN has been blown all to hell.... SIGH... one of these days I'll get to do one uninterrupted.... hopefully the next one will be while he's in Guam, battling cockroaches! HA!

2 comments:

Danita said...

Eep! That's a helluva bomb shell! Maybe dh can schedule one of his many times away in Guam with the next VSN?! hehehe

Lisa said...

I *did* get a guilt gift of a Cuttlebug today..... too bad I won't get to play with it till next week!