Thursday, January 25, 2007

I won't do THAT again for a while!

Well, for some silly reason, I've had the itch to go play slots this week. I blame Justin.... LOL! He went last weekend. Since he picked up the new Hard Rock pins for me when he was up in Tahoe, I didn't have that for an excuse either. SIGH. So, I thought maybe I'd go back out to Lincoln and check out Thunder Valley (Indian Casino) again. I haven't been out there in a couple years. The last time I was there, they had MAYBE 6 penny slot machines (which is what I play) and there was a line for each one. I also always feel like I'm losing all the time when I play the Indian casinos versus Reno or Tahoe. Go figure. But, I figured I'd give them another shot since they ARE only 25 miles away. Well.... they have about a zillion 2¢ and 5¢ machines and I did find a little area with about 15 penny machines, but the games all sucked. Most of their 2¢ machines had too many lines for my taste too (25 to 50). I tried a couple different games and lost $20 in about 30 minutes. So I switched to nickels and a game I like (9 lines) and played that for about an hour. After that I was down another $7. I was going to cash out and saw a game that interested me.... Green Acres. It had WAY too many lines to figure out, but I wanted to see if I could light up Arnold the Pig. Yeah, I play these things for the fun features. So I put in the $13 I had left. After about 4 spins I hit some crazy combo of who knows what and cashed out with $28.85. All in all, not too bad... went in with $40, played for almost 2 hours and left only $11.15 down, but I don't think I'll be back out there anytime soon. The drive may be long to Tahoe, but it's a pretty ride and I like the games there much better!

On the way home I did stop at JoAnn Fabrics to pick up something I need for VSN (Virtual Stamp Night) on Splitcoaststampers.com next weekend. I have to check the supply list and make sure I have everything..... once VSN starts, I don't move till it's all over! Here is a link to the information and schedule for VSN if any of you stampers want to join in the madness!

That's all for now... I need to go start trying to clean my stamp table.....

2 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Funny! I've been craving some penny slot madness, myself. DH and I are going to Jackpot, NV this weekend. By NO MEANS, a destination OR a pretty drive, but it is only 3 hours away compared to the 10 to Reno or 12 to Vegas. And we have a comped room waiting for us! DH will lose all his money in a Texas Hold 'Em tournament while I sip free watered down cocktails and fritter away my pennies! :)

Lisa said...

My DH is the Texas Hold 'Em addict in our house. I can't do the watered drinks... I get wine. It's cheap wine, but at least it's not watered! LOL!