Last Friday I went to PetSmart and looked at the kitties in the adoption center. I saw two there that interested me; Isis, who I had seen there before, and Callie who was a relatively new addition. I went home and looked them up on the rescue group's (Cats About Town Society) website and when I was there, I saw another cat, "Calypso". So, Saturday morning I went back to PetSmart to look at the three "finalists". Callie was a little too feisty. I've done kittens. Sorry, but I don't want another kitten. Isis just would NOT warm up to me at all. "Calypso", however, crawled right onto my lap when I opened her cage. SOLD! She is about 2 years old and was declawed on the front feet when animal control picked her up as a stray. She is part Siamese and Animal Control put her description as a "Tortie Point" mix. She has tabby markings on her belly and tail as well.
Since we were going to be out of town for Christmas, C.A.T.S. agreed to hang onto her for a week for us until we were ready to bring her home. We chose a new name for her too. I wanted to call her Coco. All my cats have had first and middle names, so her full name is Courtney Bella, or "Coco" for short.
She came home last night around 7PM and spent about an hour exploring the house last night before settling onto my bed. She slept with/on me most of the night last night. Today I went out and bought a variety of beds for her to try out. She, of course, liked the most expensive one of the bunch. It is on my bed, next to my head, and she has been in it most of the afternoon. We learned today that she knows what a can opener sounds like and what food being scraped out of a can sounds like. She played a little today. First with one of the toys we have, and then with the strap on my camera. But mostly she's been exploring and resting. Here are some photos from last night and today....


10 comments:
She looks so sweet! Congratulations! ~chris
She's beautiful and I think she was made just for you. Expensive taste with that bed and I'm thrilled you have someone to love and loves you back again. I know how much CATS mean to you. She looks so soft....sounds silly, but really really more cat soft than normal. WELCOME COCO !!
omg look at the size of her tail, wow its got some girth to it doesn't it. And well you know how I feel about the name. She looks like she is just right at home already your coco.
xoxo~lori
She is just SO SO PRETTY!!
Super excited that you have a new 'fur kid'. Coco's doesn't know how lucky she got when you picked her to join your family!!
xoxoxoxo
Oh Lisa I'm so glad you found a fur-kid to share your life with. Coco is just gorgeous! {{{hug}}} to you and Coco
Coco is BEAUTIFUL! I love the look in her eyes.
Oh, Lisa I am so happy that you now have Coco ... she is adorable. Both William and I think you made an excellent choice! And I LOVE her discerning taste in wines! A kitty after your own heart! :-) Congratulations on your beautiful new kitty ... and congratulations to Coco for finding someone who will love her just as she should be loved! :-)
Janet
Awwww! She looks so sweet! Can cuddley, too! That's my kind of cat! Enjoy her!
AND cuddley... that should have been AND cuddley.
She's beautiful -- love her "fender skirts!" I know she will bring you much happiness! Hugs from Beckitty & the Meezers (I have 6 Siamese! Yes, I am a Cat Lady too!)
Post a Comment