Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Just popping in real quick.....

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  I did!  Ate too much, as always, but it was good.

Here is a card I stamped for my friend Julie's birthday last month:

all images ©Stampin' Up! 1996-2008


If it looks familiar, it's the same Verve sketch I used in one of the holiday cards a couple posts ago.  I like the look.  All supplies except the embellishments are from Stampin' Up!  The paper is from the Washington Apple DSP (112461).  Colors are Riding Hood Red and So Saffron.  The flower is a Prima from a Holiday assortment I've had for a while.  I added the pearl and some Swarovski rhinestones for a little BLING. 

In an albeit brief flash of stampin mojo, I did another birthday card for my friend Lori.  It's one of those "milestone birthdays" for her this year, so I wanted the card to be a little something extra: 

all images ©Stampin' Up! 1996-2008


Again, I used one of the Verve sketches.  Everything is from Stampin' Up! except the Red rhinestone and the Happy Birthday sentiment stamp, which is from "Birthday Surprise" by Verve Visual.  The paper is from the Holiday Treasures DSP (112469).  The card stock colors are Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red and Very Vanilla.  The Bella Toile Background (111598) stamp was stamped in Encore Gold on the vanilla.  The ribbon is Riding Hood Red Taffeta (111365).  The flower circle stamp is from True Friend (110378) and is stamped in Chocolate Chip.  The Verve birthday sentiment was stamped in Chocolate Chip and punched out.  There are 8 Gold brads used too.  Not a card that was Postal Friendly, but it went in a package I was sending, so it was OK!

Remember that the new Spring/Summer catalog from Stampin' Up! is coming in January, so if you are liking any of these designer series papers, you might want to get an order in before January 19.   Next week the retiring stamp list will be available and in early January we will find out what accessories (that includes the DSP) will be retiring as well.  If you don't already have a demonstrator and want to be on my e-mail list for the retirement announcements, just leave me a comment saying so!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Great cards! Good use of the DSP. Glad to hear you had a good Thanksgiving.