Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Nothing like waiting till the last minute....

All weekend I had been planning to work on Julee's Verve September Release OSW (One Sheet Wonder) Challenge. (Details here)

I FINALLY got all the pieces cut out YESTERDAY.  Stared at them, pushed them around on the card fronts.  NOTHING.  So, I resigned myself to the fact that I wasn't going to get this challenge done.  Well, I got up this morning and needed a card real quick and I figured that since I already had pieces cut, I'd use one of Julee's sketches.  That was over 3 hours ago.  I'm not incredibly pleased with Sketch #2, but it will have to do!  The deadline to upload these is 11AM my time.  It is now 10:37.  Like I said, LAST MINUTE!

Here is the photo of all four cards:

P1000874

Sketch #1:

P1000875

 

Sketch #2:

P1000872

 

Sketch #3 (my favorite of the sketches):

P1000876

 

Sketch #4:

P1000877

Colors are Perfect Plum, Pale Plum and Mellow Moss.  The DSP is some retired SU paper I've been hoarding.  Sketch #3 uses the new Stylized Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware, but I chose to use gold brads with it.  The satin ribbon is from last year's Holiday mini.  The green ribbon is Moss Taffeta.  The pearls came from a craft store.

Thanks for looking, and don't miss the new releases at Verve Visual tonight!

2 comments:

JUST JUDY said...

OMG, I so behind in your blog - I came here looking for the tile board thingy you got at HOME DEPOT - want to make one for MOTHER!! These cards are beautiful as always - you're the most elequent stamper in the world....I'll play catch up this weekend I promise!! Very pretty

Anonymous said...

Nice work on the challenge! You got further than I did with this one. I cut out the 6x6 piece and laid it out, but ran out of time. I never even got to the white pieces. I will probably finish the cards eventually, if only to get them off my table! LOL!