Sunday, September 28, 2008

Gettin' Krafty!

So, I've been looking at this challenge over on the Verve Visual blog for almost 2 weeks now....  I *just* ordered Kraft cardstock this month too.  What a coincidence!  Unlike the last Verve Challenge I played in, I didn't wait till QUITE the last minute this time (last time I uploaded my stuff with about half an hour to spare!).  So here is my "Gettin' Krafty" card:

Krafty Joy Closed

I have also been playing with another swap that is due in October that I am using the Season of Joy stamp set for, so I thought I would combine the two.  Obviously, I can't use THIS for my swap since I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder, retired paper and Stickles on the image, but it's a start!  This is actually a Gift card holder too.... here's what it looks like OPEN:

Krafty Joy Open

This would be a fun and easy gift card holder to make for Teachers, babysitters and all those other people we thank with a little something around the Holidays.  And because it doesn't actually say CHRISTMAS, it's good for anyone!

The card holder is a 2 3/4" x 8 1/2" strip of Riding Hood Red Cardstock scored at 7" and then scalloped on one end and scored 5" from the scallops and folded into the holder shape.  The DSP was layered on top and cut to fit and then punched with the circle punch. I tied the bow with Kraft Taffeta on the flap, then the holder was glued down the sides.  I ran the Kraft piece (4 x 5.25 or "mountable card front size") thru my Cuttlebug in the Swiss dots folder, added the Chocolate Chip ribbon and attached the holder with Sticky Strip.  The image was stamped in Riding Hood Red on Whisper White, cut to size and adhered to the holder and then "stickled".  Love the BLING!  LOL!

Supplies used:

Papers - Kraft, Riding Hood Red and Whisper White Cardstock; Wild Wasabi Prints Paper (Retired)

Ink - Riding Hood Red

Ribbon- Double Stitched Chocolate Chip and Kraft Taffeta

Other- Scallop Edge and 3/4" Circle punches, Stickles, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder

1 comment:

Stampinsilvia said...

oHHHH NO!!!! How can you tell me that my beloved bigshot is on back order! I think I'm gonna cry!!!

Also wanted to tell you that it was SUPER easy to change the letters and things...once you have added the background to your blog all you have to do is go to layout and go to fonts and it will suggest colors that coordinate with the background you have selected and you just click...3 clicks and I was done...super easy!!!

ove your card with the gift holder by the way!