I signed up to use this set in 2 of 3 "new catalog" swaps I joined. One is an ATC (Artist Trading Card) swap that isn't due until October and the other is a card swap that I need to mail out this week. Well, I got the crazy idea in my head to do the ATC *first* and use them for BOTH swaps by mounting the ATC to a card. Still working on that, but the ATC is almost done. I say ALMOST because halfway thru them yesterday, I broke my Ticket Corner punch (I do use it an awful LOT!). My friend Lori is loaning me hers so I can finish these up, but here is what they will all look like once I get them all punched and glued together:
All supplies are Stampin' Up!
The image is stamped on Whisper White using Basic Black. Since my ZIG Painty pen retired with the last catalog, I stamped just the bottom part of the image again onto Brushed Silver Cardstock and cut the stand out (so it would have a metallic look) and pieced it onto the white. The cupcakes are colored using Barely Banana and Close to Cocoa. The cherries are Real Red with a dot of Crystal Effects on them to give them a little "pop". It's hard to see in the picture, but the cupcakes are "frosted" with a mixture of Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds glitter which I applied with a little paintbrush. Gotta work fast and rinse your brush off RIGHT AWAY when "painting" with Crystal Effects! Then I added the Red Gingham ribbon, adding a little knot in the center, punched the corners and layered it onto the Real Red and then the Chocolate Chip. Finished size for ATC's is 2.5" x 3.5".
I originally did this in different colors and I may go back to that color scheme for the ATC swap since all I have finished on those so far is the main image piece. We'll see! Today I am going to play with the card option more. I had a couple ideas yesterday, but they just weren't "perfect". Happy Stamping!


2 comments:
Oh yummy! Love this cute little ATC. So sorry to hear about your ticket corner punch - I'm hard on mine, too. I think I'm on my third one now. LOL
and i can expect this card in my mail box when?
it's adorable.
Post a Comment